Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

An argument I'm ready to have. Our QBs.. (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Haarberg is ahead in knowledge of the offense and experience within it for what it’s worth. I think those things are very important when it comes to “who is more prepared.”
Will this year's offense even be the same offense that HH was running? I have my doubts that we will be running option and QB power with Dylan or Danny. So, IMO, HH has to learn a new offense all over again because it will be something tailored to Dylan and Danny's strengths, not HH. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that would be weird if I am.

Also, it's not like HH will have some overlap chemistry with the main WRs since those will be different guys. I suppose he has something with Fidone.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Will this year's offense even be the same offense that HH was running? I have my doubts that we will be running option and QB power with Dylan or Danny. So, IMO, HH has to learn a new offense all over again because it will be something tailored to Dylan and Danny's strengths, not HH. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that would be weird if I am.

Also, it's not like HH will have some overlap chemistry with the main WRs since those will be different guys. I suppose he has something with Fidone.
Same offense, different plays.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider

Plays ran will change based on who the QB is for sure, but the offense is the exact same. For example, if Raiola goes down for a game or two it's not like all of a sudden HH is in year 1 of an offense, they will just call plays more suited for his skillset within it.

He will have overlap chemistry with more than you think. 9 receivers had 100 snaps or more last year, and 7 of them are back. Starters Bullock and Fidone return, as well as Coleman and Boerkircher who were #4 and #5 for playing time last year. However, a guy like Banks is going to get the lions share and he's new to everyone.

Moot point though probably, Raiola is your starter against UTEP.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is this an argument that needs to occur? I'm confused.
I think OP's argument is that true freshmen QBs have come a long way in their preparedness in the last 20 yrs. It's not really an argument bc everybody knows this.

As others have stated, it's astounding the amount of preparation a kid like Dylan and even Kaelin have when you compare it to HS QBs 20-25 yrs ago. Now, HS QBs have: personal trainers, nutrition plans, QB camps, Elite 11, 7-on-7 camps, enhanced film reviews, etc and on and on. Hell, Dylan gets QB coaching from the same guy Patrick Mahomes uses FFS.

If you have $$$ like the Raiolas the preparedness you can have by your 1st college game is absolutely insane. (Half joking) but Dylan has gotten better training before his first CFB practice than an actual college QB for like Bowling Green would have gotten his entire 4 yrs of college (if he played in the 90s or 00s).

I do think Dylan will have his share of mistakes in 2024. But from a readiness standpoint, we've never seen a true freshman that's this prepared to start in CFB. He's still only 18 though and you can't train on maturity or experience, unfortunately.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
What idiot said that?
Well Rhule told the media something along the lines of "we already have our returning quarterback from last year" and insinuated that if either of the freshmen win the job they have plenty of time to win it, doesn't have to be week 1

I haven't heard anyone say what Husker_in_OK claimed, but you can kind of see how a tater could get there by reading too much into what Rhule said

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not a fan of what others have been saying and that's to groom Raiola and have him start later in the year
I have not seen a single Husker fan say this.

Never seen it anywhere on the 2 Husker message boards I follow or on twitter anywhere or from any NU fan I know.

I don't think a single Nebraska fan advocated for Haarberg to start in game 1 this year.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I have not seen a single Husker fan say this.

Never seen it anywhere on the 2 Husker message boards I follow or on twitter anywhere.

I don't think a single Nebraska fan advocated for Haarberg to start in game 1 this year.

I read it somewhere a few weeks ago .. I wish I could find the post but can't remember where it came from.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
I'm happy Haarberg looked like a legit second string guy who can operate the offense for a game or two if Dylan gets banged up. Kaelin needs a redshirt year, but will be good, IMO.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Listen gents. Raiola is starting game 1 no reason to even bitch about it. Harburger will get reps at TE/wildcat

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds