Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

A position change to FB? (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why is Jax leaving Kansas State?
They hired Colin Klein as their new OC for the 2022 season. Klein does not use a Fullback in his offense. Jax had a very minor concussion at the beginning of the 2022 season so he met with coach and agreed it was in his best interest to redshirt as he wasn't going to be seeing the field much. They were trying to get him to slim down enough to play Running Back in their offense but he is just a big thick wide kid. 5-10 and weighing over 250 lbs. To quote a family member "He's built like a refrigerator with very little body fat".

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why is Jax leaving Kansas State?
and this is Jax at 250+ lbs. If he was 4-5 inches taller he'd be an amazing Pulling Guard. Just a little too short for the Line at the Power5 level of football. Honestly not many positions that someone 5-10 & over 250 lbs can play in the B1G.

334908818_1687937024996219_154730293693444588_n.jpg

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
They are no longer using the FB position. Trying not to judge the O before we even see it but us adding a FB is definitely moving against the grain. I’d be all for using more hybrid players are also a receiving threat.
I tend to think a lot of the FB talk is Rhule knowing what the fanbase wants to hear. I don't remember when he said it, but at one point he directly said a modern FB is really more of a TE/HB role

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I tend to think a lot of the FB talk is Rhule knowing what the fanbase wants to hear. I don't remember when he said it, but at one point he directly said a modern FB is really more of a TE/HB role
That was my thought when Rhule brought up Fullbacks. He knows how Husker Fans get a major chubby when you mention the Fullback position. If he had also said I-Back and Option in the same sentence many of them would have stroked out.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
and this is Jax at 250+ lbs. If he was 4-5 inches taller he'd be an amazing Pulling Guard. Just a little too short for the Line at the Power5 level of football. Honestly not many positions that someone 5-10 & over 250 lbs can play in the B1G.

334908818_1687937024996219_154730293693444588_n.jpg
Thank you for replying. The young man is a tank!

doublewing

Running Back
I hope he is adept at running the dive out of the triple option because that is what we're running all the live long day.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds