Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

ACC approves new revenue sharing plan (1 Viewer)

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
The ACC has approved a "success incentive initiative" that will begin during the 2024-25 academic year. No specifics on the initiative have been revealed yet, but the new program would impact how postseason revenue is distributed in football and men's basketball. The ACC indicated "the implementation of the success incentives will come solely from the performance of teams in revenue generating postseason competition. All other revenues will continue to be equally shared as currently outlined."

Currently, ACC schools split revenue from bowl games and College Football Playoff games equally. Some estimates say schools that do well in the football postseason, for example, could earn up to an extra $10 million than what they would have received under the current revenue sharing model.

ACC Board of Directors Announces Endorsement of Success Incentives
TheACC.com

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference Board of Directors today announced that it has endorsed a success incentive initiative that will begin during the 2024-25 academic year. The decision follows analysis and discussions that have occurred throughout the past year.

The specifics of the plan are in progress and will be solidified in the coming months. Under this initiative, the implementation of the success incentives will come solely from the performance of teams in revenue generating postseason competition. All other revenues will continue to be equally shared as currently outlined.

“The ACC Board of Directors continues to be committed to exploring all potential opportunities that will result in additional revenues and resources for the conference,” said ACC Board of Directors Chair and Duke University President Vincent E. Price. “Today’s decision provides a path to reward athletic success while also distributing additional revenue to the full membership.”

“Today’s endorsement follows significant and meaningful conversations by the ACC Board of Directors,” said ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips, Ph.D. “To be certain, I applaud their thoughtfulness and continued commitment to working collectively. As we’ve communicated consistently, we remain dedicated to exploring all options to enhance support for our member institutions and their student-athletes.”

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rhule better accelerate as the 12 team playoff starts 24-25. I'd bet this rule spreads.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rhule better accelerate as the 12 team playoff starts 24-25. I'd bet this rule spreads.
I don't. The B1G and SEC are collegial enough and wealthy enough that they don't need to adopt something similar. Big XII and Pac12/10 ... maybe it makes sense for those conferences as a tool to retain and/or attract new member institutions.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I don't. The B1G and SEC are collegial enough and wealthy enough that they don't need to adopt something similar. Big XII and Pac12/10 ... maybe it makes sense for those conferences as a tool to retain and/or attract new member institutions.
agreed. the ACC is only doing this to keep the top earning programs from bailing, but it will be short-lived. they are basically holding their conference together with duct tape now

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
Disagree.....this is a last-ditch panic move to appease Florida State, Clemson and a few others from bolting. It's only a matter of time...........

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Disagree.....this is a last-ditch panic move to appease Florida State, Clemson and a few others from bolting. It's only a matter of time...........
I think 13 years to be exact unless one of the schools decides to write a big ole check

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Further conference expansion will likely alter the norms and politics in the B1G and SEC.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds