Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone going to NJ Friday? (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Never been there but I hate it too.
tiffany pollard GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
This profile page will make you either hate NYC or hate it even more. It’s a love:hate for me, being born and raised here. It’s been absolutely disgusting with the crime after the pandemic. Unprovoked attacks on people. It’s been disgusting.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This profile page will make you either hate NYC or hate it even more. It’s a love:hate for me, being born and raised here. It’s been absolutely disgusting with the crime after the pandemic. Unprovoked attacks on people. It’s been disgusting.
Crime is still near historic lows doe, but no where else in the world can you be minding your own business riding the Ferry and be yelled at to "Repent because the darkness is coming and you need to be saved." by a man holding a Batman graphic novel who was clearly talking about Bruce Wayne

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Crime is still near historic lows doe, but no where else in the world can you be minding your own business riding the Ferry and be yelled at to "Repent because the darkness is coming and you need to be saved." by a man holding a Batman graphic novel who was clearly talking about Bruce Wayne
So, true! Literally, you see something new wild and crazy every day.
Crime this past August was nuts. Up 26% from prior August. Probably worse when I follow NYPD and all NYC news outlets on Twitter. I had to unfollow some, it was too maddening.

mcgradynu

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
My company’s HQ is in NJ. Was just there mon-thurs last week. It’s in horse country, really pretty. Great golf - baltusrol, somerset hills, ridgewood…
My wife grew up in that area of the state. It’s shocking how different it is from the 95 corridor which is fuckin awful. We lived in Hoboken for 11 years which was nice too. Such a strange state. Gorgeous out west but so seedy otherwise.

mcgradynu

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Buttgers was located in Storres Connecticut or Amherst Massachusetts, even New Rochelle, I’d definitely go. But, Northern Jersey is the armpit of America. I’d rather eat a bowl of monkey pox.
Ha! Yes! New Roc represent! The company that I founded and had to close down last year was based in New Roc. If you haven’t hit Pizzeria La Rosa up yet there, it’s worth it.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Ha! Yes! New Roc represent! The company that I founded and had to close down last year was based in New Roc. If you haven’t hit Pizzeria La Rosa up yet there, it’s worth it.
Ahhh nice! I will definitely check that out, I never turn down good pizza recommendations.
I have one if you’re still in the area or swing through. Fortina, started/founded by Christian Petroni, he’s on the Food Network often. I believe he sold them (maybe still a partner). Three locations; Yonkers, Armonk and Stamford CT. Good shit 👍🏼

GBR

mcgradynu

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ahhh nice! I will definitely check that out, I never turn down good pizza recommendations.
I have one if you’re still in the area or swing through. Fortina, started/founded by Christian Petroni, he’s on the Food Network often. I believe he sold them (maybe still a partner). Three locations; Yonkers, Armonk and Stamford CT. Good shit 👍🏼

GBR
Up in Maine now, but still have friends and family down there. Will check it out!

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Buttgers was located in Storres Connecticut or Amherst Massachusetts, even New Rochelle, I’d definitely go. But, Northern Jersey is the armpit of America. I’d rather eat a bowl of monkey pox.

That's a bummer that it's in your backyard and you aren't going. Just because NYC and Northern NJ armpits.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Western Mass fucks.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
That's a bummer that it's in your backyard and you aren't going. Just because NYC and Northern NJ armpits.
I know. Trust me I’ve been back and forth and beating myself up all week about going. My two best friends we’re supposed to go with me. Unfortunately, they had someone killed on one of their job sites this week. Services are tomorrow and Saturday.

I don’t want to do the ride there and back alone and definitely refuse to stay in a hotel in that armpit. The thought of that drive back to Westchester County close to Midnight. Plus, I like my FRIDAY beers way too much and have dodged the grim reaper more than I’d like to admit.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know. Trust me I’ve been back and forth and beating myself up all week about going. My two best friends we’re supposed to go with me. Unfortunately, they had someone killed on one of their job sites this week. Services are tomorrow and Saturday.

I don’t want to do the ride there and back alone and definitely refuse to stay in a hotel in that armpit. The thought of that drive back to Westchester County close to Midnight. Plus, I like my FRIDAY beers way too much and have dodged the grim reaper more than I’d like to admit.

Friday beers matter. Friday beers with a non-Frost led Nebraska matters more.

Make sure to have some of your favorite booze and a good cigar on hand should we win.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I suppose I wasn’t riding a ferry, but I had that multiple times on 14th and O when I was in school.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I’m leaving in the AM to pick my pops up in MD then driving up to get there early, thinking about doing an early dinner at the steak restaurant in the other side of the river. Then walking a couple miles to the stadium. Will be Exhausted coming home. Expect to leave a little early just to get back on the road.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Friday beers matter. Friday beers with a non-Frost led Nebraska matters more.

Make sure to have some of your favorite booze and a good cigar on hand should we win.
Minus the cigars (can’t smoke, just started a Test, Deca cycle). Much more comfortable here. We look badddddd
F94D00EC-F5BC-4EC2-8683-ACC92E24C9B2.jpeg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds