Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

B1G Home Court Advantage (2 Viewers)

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
As of today, B1G basketball teams have a staggering 147-35 (.802) record at home this season. On the flip side, they have a dismal 29-59 (.330) record on the road. For added context, B1G teams are 22-19 (.537) in neutral site games.

There is currently only one B1G team that has a road record above .500 (Purdue, 5-2). There is also currently only one B1G team with a worse than .727 record at home (Michigan, 4-7).

Let those numbers soak in for a minute.

Are B1G arenas just THAT electric???

Are the players just that much better shooting on their familiar rims???

I don’t know of any other variables that could be causing such parity between how teams play at home versus on the road.

Any other ideas what could be causing this phenomena???

Just to clarify. I’m not asserting that B1G refs are cooking for home teams. What I am insinuating is that the B1G has a bunch of thin skinned, beta refs that let the home crowds dictate how they call the game.

I added some additional context that posters pointed out on the game thread added below. I’d say tonight was an outlier but truthfully this is pretty common for every close road game. And yes, Nebraska benefits from this at PBA as well.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
If either gets in
I've watched a lot of basketball this year. I'd take both NUs over pretty much any other bubble team. I can't see either team getting left out if they take care of business. Wednesday night will be huge for both teams, hope we have our legs. I wonder if Fred has any pull with the Bulls. It'd be real nice if they let us borrow their facilities.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
This one was my favorite because could you imagine if this happened at PBA? The crowd would have reacted instantly which would have drawn the whistle and thus the correct call. Instead, the ref was too chicken shit to call it and we add it to the long list of micro-moments that ultimately add up to a narrow victory for the home team.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds