Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Big brains only please: Over/under 6.5 (1 Viewer)

Nebraska over or under 6.5 wins regular season 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doublewing

Running Back
Under. It's a 5-7 or 6-6 team.

Besides the fact that the OL is garbage, anytime you start over with a new staff things will get bumpy. I have confidence in Rhule but the Frost legacy will be one that takes time to dig out of.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think anyone who picks Mike Locksley to win on the road at a team other than Rutgers or Indiana is the same person who picked Scott Frost to win a game vs a Power 5 team after a bye or in a season opener.

(Raises hand)

Don't be a dipshit. Use reason. I like 6-6 as well, but I think Nebraska will beat Maryland even if this Husker team limps in at like 2-7 when they play.

Now, if you can definitively convince yourself that Nebraska in 2023 is going to be as terrible as Rutgers or Indiana at home in 2021 or 2022, then I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

One thing you should consider about Maryland in 2023:

They are 10th in the Big Ten in returning production going into this season.

In my defense, I thought Maryland was on the road. In your defense, you were correct and realized we played them at home.

Therefore, neither of us are dipshits.

Last edited:

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Under. It's a 5-7 or 6-6 team.

Besides the fact that the OL is garbage, anytime you start over with a new staff things will get bumpy. I have confidence in Rhule but the Frost legacy will be one that takes time to dig out of.
Pelini took us from 5-7 to 9-4 in year 1. And I think 3 of those 4 losses were to teams ranked in the top 10 when we played them. Pelini is a lower caliber coach than Rhule IMO, and we're not playing 3 top 10 teams in the regular season this year.

Granted our roster situation was better in 2008 but I don't think it was miles better. Obviously this is a far from apples to apples comparison but here are the recruiting class comparisons for the four years prior to Pelini and Rhule plus their first class.

2004: #26
2005: #10
2006: #37
2007: #27
2008: #17
Average: 23.4
---------------
2019: #17
2020: #20
2021: #23
2022: #41
2023: #29
Average: 26

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Pelini took us from 5-7 to 9-4 in year 1. And I think 3 of those 4 losses were to teams ranked in the top 10 when we played them. Pelini is a lower caliber coach than Rhule IMO, and we're not playing 3 top 10 teams in the regular season this year.

Granted our roster situation was better in 2008 but I don't think it was miles better. Obviously this is a far from apples to apples comparison but here are the recruiting class comparisons for the four years prior to Pelini and Rhule plus their first class.

2004: #26
2005: #10
2006: #37
2007: #27
2008: #17
Average: 23.4
---------------
2019: #17
2020: #20
2021: #23
2022: #41
2023: #29
Average: 26
Are those classes adjusted for transfers? Pelini inherited like 10 draft picks. One of them being one of the best defensive tackles ever that became a Heisman finalist. Throw in Prince Amukamara in there as another 1st rounder. Compare that with what Ruhle was probably thinking when he showed up...

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Are those classes adjusted for transfers? Pelini inherited like 10 draft picks. One of them being one of the best defensive tackles ever that became a Heisman finalist. Throw in Prince Amukamara in there as another 1st rounder. Compare that with what Ruhle was probably thinking when he showed up...

jurassic park deal with it GIF
Idk you'll have to ask Dean, I got them from here
https://www.Tater Island.com/db/rankings/industry-team/football/2023/

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looking for the smartest people on this board to guide me so what happened to me last year doesn't happen to me again. If interested...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year I went out on a limb in my friends group for Nebraska over 7 1/2 wins. I was kind of the ringleader for the over position. The Husker fans in the group were split probably 40/60ish on over/under, but all of the non-Husker fans (two Cockeye, one Cockeye St, one Wisconsin) looked at me like I was actually retarded...All of them told me to expect either 4 or 5 wins at best with no hesitation. "We'll see" I said and smugly chuckled to myself knowing we had Casey Thompson + Trey Palmer + an OC whose last work experience wasn't at a regional credit union + an improved special teams. I said the better line would be 8.5 and I'd still be on the over.

Then we lose to Northwestern week zero and we were literally their only win all damn season. They lost at home to Southern Illinois and Miami OH, both of whom were middling teams in the Missouri Valley and MAC respectively, and lost to every other team on their schedule, but they beat "Big Red" on a neutral field. Of course after this I'm getting roasted mercilessly in the group chat as it was immediately obvious the under play would win easily...need I remind you I said the line should be set at 8.5 and I'd still be over. I coped and told everyone how Nebraska wins that game 9 out of 10 times (fluke) and that Northwestern would probably win 7 games anyhow.

The Office Smile GIF

I won that group's season-long pick-em contest, so I'm not that bad at picking college football games, but I'm completely blind when it comes to Nebraska. The bet is coming up again shortly and any guidance would be much appreciated.
1686656454199.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds