Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bobby Newcombe’s kid (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Lots of probablies and could haves there, lol.

I dunno, Crouch’s catch from Stuntz against the Sooners in 2001 was pretty spectacular and he showed amazing speed. Loudest I’ve ever heard the stadium.

His speed alone would have made for a decent receiver. He might have quit though.

Most likely would have transferred

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lots of probablies and could haves there, lol.

I dunno, Crouch’s catch from Stuntz against the Sooners in 2001 was pretty spectacular and he showed amazing speed. Loudest I’ve ever heard the stadium.

His speed alone would have made for a decent receiver. He might have quit though.
One catch. Cried and quit when the Rams wanted him to play receiver.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Crouch was on 1460 in the tri cities today. He said he is happy the portal wasn’t around then. He definitely would have transferred.
oh yeah smile GIF by Collider

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He caught 100% of passes thrown to him

Now you’re moving the goalposts, we were talking about college and UNL specifically
I'm not moving the goal posts. He quit football rather than play WR. I'd say that's relevant to whether or not he would have stayed at Nebraska if they moved him to WR.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
I'm not moving the goal posts. He quit football rather than play WR. I'd say that's relevant to whether or not he would have stayed at Nebraska if they moved him to WR.
The original goalpost was you were team Newcombe for QB. I stated Crouch won the Heisman so good thing you weren’t QB coach.

Then you made up several what ifs, which are just that. Reality is Crouch played QB while on same team with Newcombe and excelled at it.

You seem to need the last word so I’m out as this is just silly at this point. Have at it

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The original goalpost was you were team Newcombe for QB. I stated Crouch won the Heisman so good thing you weren’t QB coach.

Then you made up several what ifs, which are just that. Reality is Crouch played QB while on same team with Newcombe and excelled at it.

You seem to need the last word so I’m out as this is just silly at this point. Have at it
You seem angry. I'm half joking. The other half is just hypothetical.

I did like Newcombe better at the time. You are correct that I don't have an alternate timeline to see if Bobby won the heisman if he got the full time job. Just saying it was a possibility. Maybe we wouldn't have been so one dimensional with Newcombe throwing the ball.

As someone said earlier the story at the time was that Bobby won the job. Crouch ran off crying and wouldn't come back unless he got to play QB. Maybe that's folklore but seems believable.

Only lost two games that year and Colorado had more to do with the defense and Miami was a juggernaut. Even if Newcombe would have been better it doesn't seem likely the season would have ended any differently.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds