Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dave's Hot Chicken (1 Viewer)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
I tried to go tonight but the line was wrapped around the outside of the building so went to Chipotle instead. Smelled amazing in the parking lot though.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I tried to go tonight but the line was wrapped around the outside of the building so went to Chipotle instead. Smelled amazing in the parking lot though.
It’s been that way every single moment they’ve been open. Insanity.

I like the place but I’m not standing outside for 40 minutes just to get some fast food.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
It’s been that way every single moment they’ve been open. Insanity.

I like the place but I’m not standing outside for 40 minutes just to get some fast food.
North or south of Dodge on Saddle Creek?

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
As someone who spent a good amount of time in Nashville, where I was first introduced to hot chicken, I am admittedly a hot chicken snob. Most places outside of the south offer some sort of "hot chicken" sandwich and it's just a fried chicken breast with hot sauce on it. That's not fucking hot chicken god dammit. When I lived in NYC, I figured that I should be able to find some authentic hot chicken in Manhattan somewhere, right? Wrong. It's not easy to find actual Nashville-style hot chicken anywhere.

Anyway, they have one of these places near where my parents live in CA and I tried it for the first time a year ago when we were visiting over Christmas. It's the real deal. Sure, it's a chain and people will say it doesn't hold a candle to Prince's or Hattie B's but it's really, really close.

I live like 7 blocks away from this place and I drive by it every day, so I've been monitoring the progress as it's been built. I was gonna try to lose some weight this year but that may not happen now, but on the bright side I did just buy a bidet for our master bathroom so that should come in handy.
Is the chicken “hot” because of cayenne pepper seasoning or, if something else, what is the flavor? Thnx…..

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is the chicken “hot” because of cayenne pepper seasoning or, if something else, what is the flavor? Thnx…..

It’s cayenne pepper and a bunch of other seasonings, but yeah that’s the thing that primarily makes it hot. You can order various spice levels, and “hot” is actually hot… and then there 2-3 levels beyond that which I wouldn’t even fuck with.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
It’s cayenne pepper and a bunch of other seasonings, but yeah that’s the thing that primarily makes it hot. You can order various spice levels, and “hot” is actually hot… and then there 2-3 levels beyond that which I wouldn’t even fuck with.
We’re going to be back in Feb for 8 or 9 days babysitting out at 192nd & Pacific. Gonna make it a goal to get there… 🔥

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Damn. The guy who starts the thread will probably never go there if it's like that...lol.
Let’s get our long underwear on, pack a cooler, take lawn chairs and go wait in line. I’m N if you are.

Oh……bring yore boom box too. Gotta have some tunes.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Finally.

cTPDJ4f.jpg

🔥🍗 = 🔥💩

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds