Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Twitter DONU Football Basketball AMA (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m at the point with donu men’s athletics that I miss HCBP & HCTM. They were better than what we got.
#1 - Help.
#2 - Change my mind.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
A Twitter thread with no undulating, heaving tweets? What kind of fuckery is this?

Oh, and Happy St. Patricks Day.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I think Pelini could have been very successful here and had a very easy and comfy job for the rest of his life if he had hired better assistants and spent more time on the recruiting trail.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m at the point with donu men’s athletics that I miss HCBP & HCTM. They were better than what we got.
#1 - Help.
#2 - Change my mind.
Not sure I can make an argument that Football is in better hands right now but I have zero doubts that basketball is in much better hands. Miles greatest strength was half time tweets and post game interviews. Definite charmer behind the microphone but didn't have the chops on the bench, especially after right hand man Asst Craig Smith was hired for a Head Coaching position. Our game planning went to crap and so did in game coaching.

Plus recruiting was a joke and our offense most years seemed to consist of 1 transfer who was a chucker and if he got hot we could beat anyone. Miles was signing players that were head shakers. Couldn't recruit a competent big man either. Heiman transferred out and averaged 1 pt/game at one of the Dakota schools last season. Don't get me started on that Serbian bean pole Center he signed. Hoiberg is a proven commodity at this level and look at how much better our recruiting has gotten. Adding a 5 Star player has not been something we have seen around here with Husker Hoops. As of right now we have all of our primary contributors coming back plus adding a few more nice pieces to the puzzle for next season. With 3 more scholarships to fill still.

Next year the B1G shouldn't be nearly as stacked. Seemed like every game we were facing one of the best Centers in the country: Garza, Cockburn, Dickinson, Jackson-Davis, Hauser, Williams, Robbins...... and at the beginning of the season all we had in the post was Yvan and Lat. End of season when Walker and Andre were getting up to speed we looked like a much improved team. Hoping we add another quality big man in the Transfer Portal.

thE kErnEl

Cornerback
Elite Member
Pelini was an ass. Frost is our current ass. Draw. DONU football is dead.
As much as I love Timmy and know he is a good coach, and miss the free tickets, Hoiberg is a step up, imo. At least he has past proven success at this level. Now he's got to replicate that success in Lincoln.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Pelini was an ass. Frost is our current ass. Draw. DONU football is dead.
As much as I love Timmy and know he is a good coach, and miss the free tickets, Hoiberg is a step up, imo. At least he has past proven success at this level. Now he's got to replicate that success in Lincoln.
I'm actually worried about Fred's psyche??? That's a lot of losses since 2015.

Chicago Bulls[edit]​

On June 2, 2015, the Chicago Bulls hired Hoiberg as head coach under a 5-year contract worth $25 million.[8] In his rookie season as head coach, the Bulls missed the playoffs for the first time in eight years, failing to meet preseason expectations. In his second season, the Bulls lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Boston Celtics after taking a 2–0 lead, and were again perceived as underachieving. In March 2017, ESPN ranked Hoiberg as the worst head coach in the league.[9] On December 3, 2018, the Bulls fired Hoiberg after a 5-19 start to the 2018-19 season. Hoiberg was replaced by Jim Boylen as head coach.[10]

Nebraska[edit]​

On March 30, 2019, Hoiberg was named head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers men's basketball team.[11][12]

On March 11, 2020, during the Cornhuskers' first-round game in the Big Ten tournament against Indiana, Hoiberg fell ill. He was in visible discomfort for much of the game; when the camera panned to him at one point, he was wiping his head with his hand. He left the bench and went to the hospital with four minutes to go in the game, which the Cornhuskers lost. Amid concerns about coronavirus, the entire Cornhusker team was quarantined in the locker room for two hours after the game. Ultimately, Hoiberg was diagnosed with influenza A. In a statement posted to Twitter, Hoiberg said that he had been cleared to coach that night by tournament doctors. He stated that he would have never knowingly put "my team, my family, or anyone else" in danger.[13] According to ESPN, the scare over Hoiberg, combined with Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz testing positive for coronavirus that night, led to a whirlwind of moves the following day that effectively ended the 2019-20 collegiate season. By Wednesday afternoon, nearly every Division I conference had called off their tournaments, followed by the NCAA canceling that year's basketball tournament and all other spring tournaments. Soon afterward, nearly all Division I conference suspended play in all sports indefinitely.[14]

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Chicago Bulls[edit]​

On June 2, 2015, the Chicago Bulls hired Hoiberg as head coach under a 5-year contract worth $25 million.[8] In his rookie season as head coach, the Bulls missed the playoffs for the first time in eight years, failing to meet preseason expectations. In his second season, the Bulls lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Boston Celtics after taking a 2–0 lead, and were again perceived as underachieving. In March 2017, ESPN ranked Hoiberg as the worst head coach in the league.[9] On December 3, 2018, the Bulls fired Hoiberg after a 5-19 start to the 2018-19 season. Hoiberg was replaced by Jim Boylen as head coach.[10]

Nebraska[edit]​

On March 30, 2019, Hoiberg was named head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers men's basketball team.[11][12]

On March 11, 2020, during the Cornhuskers' first-round game in the Big Ten tournament against Indiana, Hoiberg fell ill. He was in visible discomfort for much of the game; when the camera panned to him at one point, he was wiping his head with his hand. He left the bench and went to the hospital with four minutes to go in the game, which the Cornhuskers lost. Amid concerns about coronavirus, the entire Cornhusker team was quarantined in the locker room for two hours after the game. Ultimately, Hoiberg was diagnosed with influenza A. In a statement posted to Twitter, Hoiberg said that he had been cleared to coach that night by tournament doctors. He stated that he would have never knowingly put "my team, my family, or anyone else" in danger.[13] According to ESPN, the scare over Hoiberg, combined with Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz testing positive for coronavirus that night, led to a whirlwind of moves the following day that effectively ended the 2019-20 collegiate season. By Wednesday afternoon, nearly every Division I conference had called off their tournaments, followed by the NCAA canceling that year's basketball tournament and all other spring tournaments. Soon afterward, nearly all Division I conference suspended play in all sports indefinitely.[14]
I'm not. He knows what he's doing. Even though they've taken a lot of Ls in Lincoln, it's his program and roster. The Bulls brought him in to play a fast modern offense and then basically turned over the team he was coaching every single off-season. They didn't get as many keepers as they wanted year 1, but 2-3 seems like it'll have a lot of growth given what they return and what they bring in.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
I'm not. He knows what he's doing. Even though they've taken a lot of Ls in Lincoln, it's his program and roster. The Bulls brought him in to play a fast modern offense and then basically turned over the team he was coaching every single off-season. They didn't get as many keepers as they wanted year 1, but 2-3 seems like it'll have a lot of growth given what they return and what they bring in.
Yup. GarPax. I'll never blame Fred for his tenure in Chicago. When they traded Butler after the playoff year, he knew he wasn't going to have success.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Chicago Bulls[edit]​

Nebraska[edit]​

I can understand the concerns but the Bulls gutted the team on him. Basically left him scraps to work with. I am seeing a Husker team who's talent has been upgraded and they seemed to improve as the season went on. Thats all we can really ask for, get a little better each day.

On Christmas Day I was lucky enough to get to hang out with former NBA player and coach George Karl for a few hours waiting for Christmas Dinner to be cooked. Was fun as we just sat there watching hoops and talking hoops. I was the only other basketball fan there so basically just me and George parked on the couch in front of the TV watching the basketball games. I asked him what he thought about Hoiberg and he said he thought he was a great coach. Better suited for the college game than the NBA because of his calm demeanor plus his abilities to teach. George had nothing but praise for Hoiberg. Really liked his offensive system plus how well he coached. Thought he would do big things at Nebraska. If I had any worries before that about Hoiberg which I didn't, they would have been put to rest by everything George Karl said. GBF

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
#1 - Help.
#2 - Change my mind.
Bo - 1
Fred - 2

Fred inherited the following on the roster in spring of 2019: Dashon Burke, Amir Harris, Thorr, Brady Heiman. Jervay Green and Donovan Williams were committed. Roby and Thomas Allen were leaving. That’s it. That’s what he inherited. What a pile of shit Miles left behind. I still have confidence Fred will get it done here...COVID + a stacked BIG is just making it take longer than we all want.

Football...well...that’s another story.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds