Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Garage Door Repair (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Looking for a few recommendations for garage door repair around Omaha. Reputable, solid recommendations please. Got one bid today. Don't want to name any names as I don't know who on here may or may not be in that line of work. Was a hair steep, but nothing I wouldn't pay for given I've had good luck with the company recently on two different occasions. But, like always, good to have two-three bids on bigger checks written.

My wife backed into the garage door last night and boogered up the bottom panel some. Fixed it enough to work good enough, but need the replacement.

Thank you!

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looking for a few recommendations for garage door repair around Omaha. Reputable, solid recommendations please. Got one bid today. Don't want to name any names as I don't know who on here may or may not be in that line of work. Was a hair steep, but nothing I wouldn't pay for given I've had good luck with the company recently on two different occasions. But, like always, good to have two-three bids on bigger checks written.

My wife backed into the garage door last night and boogered up the bottom panel some. Fixed it enough to work good enough, but need the replacement.

Thank you!
My wife did the same exact thing a couple weeks ago

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m sorry man. The cost of a panel isn’t too far off from a whole new damn garage door.

My springs broke and had to get both replaced. $550 later…

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I’m sorry man. The cost of a panel isn’t too far off from a whole new damn garage door.

My springs broke and had to get both replaced. $550 later…
I got two at about $500 and one at $700-1K today. I got roller brackets starting to crack too. Happy Thursday

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I got two at about $500 and one at $700-1K today. I got roller brackets starting to crack too. Happy Thursday
Is it a single or double door? It also depends on price if it’s insulated. Garage doors like everything else have went up a lot in price. I had to replace a double garage door and I also replaced the motor. It came to around 4 k. I had a broken panel, and they didn’t make that type of panel anymore.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is it a single or double door? It also depends on price if it’s insulated. Garage doors like everything else have went up a lot in price. I had to replace a double garage door and I also replaced the motor. It came to around 4 k. I had a broken panel, and they didn’t make that type of panel anymore.
I think the “we don’t make that panel anymore” is simply a way to make you buy a new door.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the “we don’t make that panel anymore” is simply a way to make you buy a new door.
I’m friends with the guy. He does all of our work. It was an original door from 20-22 years ago. The way the brackets were holding it together were odd. The spring was actually broke and I didn’t know it. It happened over Labor Day weekend. It wouldn’t go down all the way so I turned the torque up and the brackets ended up busting between the two panels. Part of the bracket actually ended up on the outside of the door. He gave me shit for doing it because if I would have left it alone it would have been a spring replacement for 200-300 bucks.

Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Insulated double door. It seem the insulation, and material is what is making it more expensive. Is what it is, you get what you pay for.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Insulated double door. It seem the insulation, and material is what is making it more expensive. Is what it is, you get what you pay for.
Yea it’s worth the extra money getting an insulated panel or door. They hold up a lot better.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m friends with the guy. He does all of our work. It was an original door from 20-22 years ago. The way the brackets were holding it together were odd. The spring was actually broke and I didn’t know it. It happened over Labor Day weekend. It wouldn’t go down all the way so I turned the torque up and the brackets ended up busting between the two panels. Part of the bracket actually ended up on the outside of the door. He gave me shit for doing it because if I would have left it alone it would have been a spring replacement for 200-300 bucks.
Yeah I didn’t realize one of the springs broke. The tech that came out took a look at both stings and noticed one spring was starting to rust where the break was while the other was very fresh.

The weird thing is that I didn’t hear the spring break which means it probably happened that day in the 20 minutes it took me to pick up my son from soccer practice and head back home.

There’s two things I’ll never work on: electrical issues and garage door springs.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I didn’t realize one of the springs broke. The tech that came out took a look at both stings and noticed one spring was starting to rust where the break was while the other was very fresh.

The weird thing is that I didn’t hear the spring break which means it probably happened that day in the 20 minutes it took me to pick up my son from soccer practice and head back home.

There’s two things I’ll never work on: electrical issues and garage door springs.
I shouldn’t have watched YouTube and just waited. It was a costly mistake.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
I’ve used Langfeldt a couple times. They did good work and were reasonably priced IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds