Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

HAHA Who's Gonna Break the news to Dean-o?! (1 Viewer)

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Da fuq? Wasn’t this a big deal for recruiting? Rhule tweeted out the logo when it was created back in June

GBR305

Linebacker
As a startup airline, with the price of oil per barrel at astronomical rates, it's understandable. Things probably would've went better if they started up during football season.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Everything Dean promotes almost instantly flops...

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
How is the Lincoln airport consistently absolute hot garbage.
I posted a pretty long rant about this on twitter and posted in the other threads but their entire business model made zero sense.

They should’ve emulated other ’startup’ airlines like Contour which flies from places like Cape Girardeau, MO and Paducah, KY to American Airlines hubs in CLT and DFW and then has agreements with AA to let those customers take AA flights on the same reservation. The idea that they were going to be able to sustain full flights from a town of 300k people to a bunch of destinations was crazy. Then on top of it, they only had one aircraft so they couldn’t even offer connecting flights through LNK to originate traffic on the routes. Who the hell is flying from Orlando to LNK for leisure?

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
imma need someone who isnt bannedt to tell dweabo
I cant cause my the company i booked my flight from chile through is no longer in business

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I posted a pretty long rant about this on twitter and posted in the other threads but their entire business model made zero sense.

They should’ve emulated other ’startup’ airlines like Contour which flies from places like Cape Girardeau, MO and Paducah, KY to American Airlines hubs in CLT and DFW and then has agreements with AA to let those customers take AA flights on the same reservation. The idea that they were going to be able to sustain full flights from a town of 300k people to a bunch of destinations was crazy. Then on top of it, they only had one aircraft so they couldn’t even offer connecting flights through LNK to originate traffic on the routes. Who the hell is flying from Orlando to LNK for leisure?
I thought the whole point of this airline was to set up direct flights from recruiting hotspots/player family locations direct to LNK to make it easy for them to get here for game days & visits. Seems like you'd have pretty good demand on flights based around fall Saturdays & OV peaks (and a willing university to "partner"/subsidize for that sort of thing), but keeping a full year-round schedule was surprising.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Has anyone tore into him yet? Better strap on the riot gear Beano

Last edited:

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
T
I thought the whole point of this airline was to set up direct flights from recruiting hotspots/player family locations direct to LNK to make it easy for them to get here for game days & visits. Seems like you'd have pretty good demand on flights based around fall Saturdays & OV peaks (and a willing university to "partner"/subsidize for that sort of thing), but keeping a full year-round schedule was surprising.
that very well may have been the “point” but even then that isn’t a “sustainable” model. You can’t setup an entire airline for 7-12 weekends a year of traffic. They made a decision to try to appeal to leisure travel from OMA and LNK by servicing destinations that didn’t have direct flight access from OMA.

What they should’ve done, in my opinion, is fly 2-3x a day to “hub” airports at either American Airlines or Delta hub cities (such as Charlotte, Dallas, Philadelphia) and then allowed for those passengers to book through to a final destination that ISNT one of those cities by getting an agreement with American Airlines or Delta or whoever.

This would’ve required a significantly larger financial commitment to secure planes, pilots, staff, etc at a time when inflation is high, jet fuel is incredibly expensive, and there is a pilot shortage. Not exactly ideal but they essentially just lit $3M or whatever the subsidy they had was on fire by half assing it.

That, along with finding a way to allow people to connect through LNK, was the only remote chance this thing had at generating the traffic it needed to make it. Solely relying on the city of Lincoln to stuff a 90 seat bird to Nashville weekly was absolutely crazy

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
From my understanding, they needed to have flights to at least 6 cities to maintain their government grant money. The flights to Vegas, Nashville, and Orlando did pretty well. The rest of the cities weren't even 30% full. I think it was a bad choice to have two Texas flights when it was the middle of summer. Especially when Texas had a historically hot summer. They also did a horrible job advertising. I mean, the announcement was made they were coming to Lincoln and flights started immediately. Did they really expect people that plan vacations in advance to cancel their flights/plans just to book through Lincoln last minute? Just poorly executed all around.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds