Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (28-15) BROCKETT THROWS NO-HITTER!!!! (29 Viewers)

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
In a 9-3 game, and the midweek pitching struggles we've had, is there a reason we're throwing Daiss in the 8th instead of Frahm or Cleavinger or even Harrahill?

Nothing against Daiss, big fan of his but FFS we're down 6 - continue to shit the bed during the week - so why not throw some guys with limited appearances?

I'm baffled at this. Curious what others think.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
In a 9-3 game, and the midweek pitching struggles we've had, is there a reason we're throwing Daiss in the 8th instead of Frahm or Cleavinger or even Harrahill?

Nothing against Daiss, big fan of his but FFS we're down 6 - continue to shit the bed during the week - so why not throw some guys with limited appearances?

This is the type of game where you send a message and pull nearly everyone. Get the young guys in wherever possible, both in the lineup and on the mound and let the starters sit and watch.

The first one to complain gets lit up by the coaches and reminded that they need to earn the right to stay in a game.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This is the type of game where you send a message and pull nearly everyone. Get the young guys in wherever possible, both in the lineup and on the mound and let the starters sit and watch.

The first one to complain gets lit up by the coaches and reminded that they need to earn the right to stay in a game.
My take. At this point in the season and the way you are losing you're better off just going experimental mid week games. Christo shouldn't get another start at this point, he’s a bust. If you want to throw him a bone, give them him garbage relief innings in a game like today.

Play young guys and empty the bullpen and see what you have. Seems like there always is at least someone who will surprise you when the lights are on.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
is there a reason we're throwing Daiss in the 8th instead of Frahm or Cleavinger or even Harrahill?

Cleavinger comes in the 9th, gets the first 2 guys out. Frahm comes in to get the last out.

Childress is platinum board member! And he's reading game threads. 😂

Hey Rob, start Worthley against Pickle Smoochers next week (assuming he doesn't throw Sunday). Then, fuck off.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to what we do from game to game. Whole thing seems out of whack to me at this point and I wonder what the players are thinking.

I don’t know anything about baseball though

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Remember during basketball someone would put out these B1G power rankings and they'd have "Nebraska at home" ranked No. 1 and "Nebraska on the road" like 15th?

Need to make one of those for baseball with "Nebraska on the weekend" and "Nebraska in the midweek."

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Few weeks back I mentioned our next 22(ish) games were against Q1 & Q2 teams. I think we were around 13th in RPI at that time...

3-0 v Northwestern Q2 (now Q3)
0-1 v @ Pickle Smoochers (Q1)
2-1 v Ohio State (Q2)
0-1 v @ Kansas (Q2)
1-2 v @ Rutgers (Q1)
0-1 v Pickle Smoochers (Q2)
2-1 v Maryland (Q2)
0-1 v Kansas (Q2) (now Q3)

3 games v Cockeye, but not sure if they'll be a Q2 or Q3. Regardless, a series win is so damn important.

1 game v Pickle Smoochers Q1
1 game v Kansas State Q2

5-7 (8-8) with 3 TBD in this stretch isn't as bad as it seems. Not ideal at all as our RPI is now 22 (post home loss to Kansas). Hosting a Regional looks unlikely unless we make a ridiculous run but we're really no different than ever other projected 2 seed at this point in the season.

After the Kansas State game, we finish with:
Minnesota Q3 x3 (away)
South Dakota State Q4 x1
Indiana Q3 x3 (home)
Michigan State Q2 x3 (away)

Then, the B1G tournament...

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Remember during basketball someone would put out these B1G power rankings and they'd have "Nebraska at home" ranked No. 1 and "Nebraska on the road" like 15th?

Need to make one of those for baseball with "Nebraska on the weekend" and "Nebraska in the midweek."

Weekends 22-8

Weekdays 3-5 (lost 4 straight)

Feels bad

Feels way worse than it is. It sucks.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
The boys are obviously in a slump, both hitting and pitching. In these trying times we must turn to @SlumpBuster for his sage advise. IMO we need the coeds to help these boys out and throw them a bone. If not, these boys need to strap on the spurs and go hogging. They need to go to O street and not turn down anything less than a 5. Show that 2 or 3 the night of her life. Any other ideas to help our boys out?

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
The boys are obviously in a slump, both hitting and pitching. In these trying times we must turn to @SlumpBuster for his sage advise. IMO we need the coeds to help these boys out and throw them a bone. If not, these boys need to strap on the spurs and go hogging. They need to go to O street and not turn down anything less than a 5. Show that 2 or 3 the night of her life. Any other ideas to help our boys out?
We got to have some corn fed ladies here in the capital city that can save our season, right? I mean sturdy girls like our old friend Doug's wife

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
April 24 regional projections

D1 Baseball
1. Oklahoma (#10 national seed)
2. Nebraska
3. Oregon
4. Lamar

Baseball America
1. Wake Forest (#9 national seed)
2. Nebraska
3. UCF
4. Columbia

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds