Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (5 Viewers)

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Jobs #'s coming in a little softer than expected. Market soaring. Good job, Fed. You're slowly killing the economy. Markets cheer!

The world is weird ...
Feels like we got a bit of seasonal decomp here...maybe will be revised up, but this is a good report...strong service growth and wages continuing to normalize. These blowout jobs reports have been taking dumps on yields, so feels pretty nice on an early Friday morning...

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Feels like we got a bit of seasonal decomp here...maybe will be revised up, but this is a good report...strong service growth and wages continuing to normalize. These blowout jobs reports have been taking dumps on yields, so feels pretty nice on an early Friday morning...
I always look to see where the growth is. If it's all government sector ... well, that's not good.

With "the end of globalism" (as prognosticated by Peter Zeihan), I'm truly looking for growth in the manufacturing sector over the next few years. Sadly, that's inflationary. What a conundrum!

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Forward guidance is king these days. Any measure of realism and out comes the hammer.
Honestly it is a good indication of management IYAM. You just don’t want to buy going into earnings knowing a train is likely coming down the tracks.

But consistent earnings surprises is something I look for. Yes I know it isn’t exactly the same thing.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds