Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB Travel thread (3 Viewers)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
If you were 29 & single and going to NYC for a couple of days (have never been before) at the end of June where would you stay in Manhattan? Assuming you like bars (particularly upscale and/or rooftop), good restaurants and women? Not looking to get into anything super touristy or fratty.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Not looking to get into anything super touristy or fratty.

If you stay out of Murray Hill then you shouldn't see a single frat bro in Manhattan because at the end of June all of them are gonna be either down the shore or at a Yankees game.

However it will be tough to find a non touristy hotel on Manhattan that has all of the your wish list items. (upscale hotel with a rooftop bar, good restaurants same block or in building)

If this was a couple years ago I'd say you have to try to NOT find hot women or great restaurants in NYC but a lot of places didn't come back from 2020 or didn't come back with the same hours/days open/menus.

I'm pretty sure @HCFord1 was the last one on the board to live in NYC so hopefully he will have some advice better than my grumpy old man nostalgic spin zone that the city in 2024 stinks and 2012 it was awesome.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you were 29 & single and going to NYC for a couple of days (have never been before) at the end of June where would you stay in Manhattan? Assuming you like bars (particularly upscale and/or rooftop), good restaurants and women? Not looking to get into anything super touristy or fratty.
If you stay out of Murray Hill then you shouldn't see a single frat bro in Manhattan because at the end of June all of them are gonna be either down the shore or at a Yankees game.

However it will be tough to find a non touristy hotel on Manhattan that has all of the your wish list items. (upscale hotel with a rooftop bar, good restaurants same block or in building)

If this was a couple years ago I'd say you have to try to NOT find hot women or great restaurants in NYC but a lot of places didn't come back from 2020 or didn't come back with the same hours/days open/menus.

I'm pretty sure @HCFord1 was the last one on the board to live in NYC so hopefully he will have some advice better than my grumpy old man nostalgic spin zone that the city in 2024 stinks and 2012 it was awesome.
It’s been a minute now (we moved back to NE in Dec 2020) but I’m pretty sure I know of a good spot. The name is escaping me right now so I’ll come back and post it.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm no help on upscale bars but if you'd like to get crippled drunk in the Village I have some recs

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
West Village/Chelsea are great. Highly recommend Mel’s for dinner (10th ave and 16th)- awesome spot

You could also stay in flatiron (edition is a great hotel) and pop down to East village which would put you in good proximity to do anything you needed to in Manhattan. Love New York and go regularly for work, never gets old.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
West Village/Chelsea are great. Highly recommend Mel’s for dinner (10th ave and 16th)- awesome spot

You could also stay in flatiron (edition is a great hotel) and pop down to East village which would put you in good proximity to do anything you needed to in Manhattan. Love New York and go regularly for work, never gets old.
The one I was looking for is in the West Village but I can't remember the name now. Regardless, that's probably where I'd stay. Chelsea is good too. There are a billion hotels in that area and honestly I wouldn't spend more than $300/night or so especially if you're going alone. If you're visiting NYC then the goal is to be in your hotel room as little as possible.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I cannot recommend enough Fornino in Brooklyn. The rooftop view of the NYC skyline is legit and the pizza (wood fired) is freaking good (and really good beer selection). Can't recommend the Roast Corn and Coppa pizza enough, sooo good. We also did the fig and prosciutto and it was awesome too.

20231002_181354.jpg

20231002_175114.jpg

20231002_191030.jpg

I also really liked Refinery Rooftop in the city. Good food and excellent cocktails. Prob best to make a reservation tho, they kinda had to squeeze us in.

20231002_151947.jpg

20231002_151140.jpg

Good luck!

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
The one I was looking for is in the West Village but I can't remember the name now. Regardless, that's probably where I'd stay. Chelsea is good too. There are a billion hotels in that area and honestly I wouldn't spend more than $300/night or so especially if you're going alone. If you're visiting NYC then the goal is to be in your hotel room as little as possible.
Right now I’m leaning towards the Flatiron/Chelsea area (looks like they are pretty much side by side)

This is definitely the toughest I’ve had when it comes to planning a trip, everywhere else I’ve gone it’s usually pretty clear where the best spots to stay are but in NYC there’s a ton of different areas you can make a case for it seems.

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you're familiar with the Simon and Garfunkel song, The Boxer, one of the verses talks about the whores on 7th Ave. My niece graduated from the American Music and Drama Academy in Manhattan and according to her they're still there. Just sayin'.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you're familiar with the Simon and Garfunkel song, The Boxer, one of the verses talks about the whores on 7th Ave. My niece graduated from the American Music and Drama Academy in Manhattan and according to her they're still there. Just sayin'.
The only actual street whores I ever noticed in NYC were in East New York when Waze took me off the expressway through the fucking ghetto to get to JFK. I remember just driving by this old abandoned warehouse and seeing like seven cracked out hookers just standing on the sidewalk looking at me.

@Huskersballz don't go to East New York.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Right now I’m leaning towards the Flatiron/Chelsea area (looks like they are pretty much side by side)

This is definitely the toughest I’ve had when it comes to planning a trip, everywhere else I’ve gone it’s usually pretty clear where the best spots to stay are but in NYC there’s a ton of different areas you can make a case for it seems.
Stay near the high line in Chelsea then. You'll be close to the Village and Meatpacking (if you want to go clubbing) for nightlife and it's a cool area.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
wealth of knowledge @bbenson67 thank you

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The only actual street whores I ever noticed in NYC were in East New York when Waze took me off the expressway through the fucking ghetto to get to JFK. I remember just driving by this old abandoned warehouse and seeing like seven cracked out hookers just standing on the sidewalk looking at me.

@Huskersballz don't go to East New York.
Fine keep all the affordable hookers for yourself

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds