Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Why does SMU have a Coaches trophy? (1 Viewer)

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

GIF by Giphy QA

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

Weird. Best I can find is that in 2016 the AFCA launched a "blue ribbon commission" to retroactively declare their national title winners from the years 1922-1949 before there was a coaches' poll; and separately that teams that won the final coaches' poll before the trophy was first awarded (1986) can buy a replica.

SMU claims a 1935 title (although Minnesota was the more consensus pick), so possibly if that blue ribbon commission picked SMU for that year, they got to buy a prop.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I want one for my basement. Link?
I'm not gonna lie, I'd seriously consider this even if it was Florida's. Because why - ladies would believe it was the real thing. I'm sure your wife would be impressed.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not gonna lie, I'd seriously consider this even if it was Florida's. Because why - ladies would believe it was the real thing. I'm sure your wife would be impressed.

This guy sells them and is in Omaha. Interesting.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I want a 95 Nebraska one

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds