Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Why was Raiola retained? Are we destined to suck forever? (1 Viewer)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Zack said in a roundabout way in that video that Raiola was not happy with the offense and tried to communicate to Whipple what the OL could do more effectively but that Whipple wasnt going to stop Whippling.

When Raiola’s name first came up, I pointed out that the story from when he got hired before was that he put together a great presentation about what he wanted to do with the line. It’s not surprising he could make a case to Rhule.

I also recall hearing last time that a lot of NFL guys and people who had worked with Raiola (like the ND guy) were very high on him. I don’t think Rhule giving him a shot at an interview is just random or based on last year’s film. He must have had people recommending the idea to him

If Rhule believes he can coach, there is some advantage to having a guy who has been here - he likely was able to tell Rhule his opinion on exactly what was wrong with the line in terms of who they were recruiting, how they were doing S&C, and the offensive philosophy.

I could see how if you think he has the skills, and you buy into his vision of how to fix this thing he has seen struggle from within for over a year, you could come to the conclusion that the guy already here might be in a position to fix the line more quickly than someone new.

Last edited:

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Does Foley have any experience coaching O-line? Maybe he can help Donny out?

ColoREDo

God of sarcasm...but real.
Remember when Hixson didn't block anyone for a couple seconds, then decided to block his teammate because Raiola taught our boys how to be aggressive. Less thinking, more aggression.

Yeah we need to clean up this bullshit 5 yard gain up the middle on first down. /s

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Remember when Hixson didn't block anyone for a couple seconds, then decided to block his teammate because Raiola taught our boys how to be aggressive. Less thinking, more aggression.

that looks like the LB he was supposed to block guessed wrong and took himself out of the play before he could get blocked

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
And fwiw I dont know shit about line play but it did seem like things got a bit better towards the end of the year. Still sucked, but maybe sucked less.
To add to this, and I don’t know shit either, the OL appeared to get better to me as well. And the defenses got much, much better late in the year.

Add another offseason and get the injured guys back and I can trick myself into thinking everything is fine.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Zack said in a roundabout way in that video that Raiola was not happy with the offense and tried to communicate to Whipple what the OL could do more effectively but that Whipple wasnt going to stop Whippling.

When Raiola’s name first came up, I pointed out that the story from when he got hired before was that he put together a great presentation about what he wanted to do with the line. It’s not surprising he could make a case to Rhule.

I also recall hearing last time that a lot of NFL guys and people who had worked with Raiola (like the ND guy) were very high on him. I don’t think Rhule giving him a shot at an interview is just random or based on last year’s film. He must have had people recommending the idea to him

If Rhule believes he can coach, there is some advantage to having a guy who has been here - he likely was able to tell Rhule his opinion on exactly what was wrong with the line in terms of who they were recruiting, how they were doing S&C, and the offensive philosophy.

I could see how if you think he has the skills, and you buy into his vision of how to fix this thing he has seen struggle from within for over a year, you could come to the conclusion that the guy already here might be in a position to fix the line more quickly than someone new.
Lots of taters on here that don’t know the full story. He will be very good as OL coach. The NFL doesn’t hire shit coaches at any level. Get a brains morans

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds