Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How much should White make next year? (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Reading how much the market has shifted for coordinators, and also that top position coaches are now at $1M, I'd say $1.8M.

Raiola will have a new contract and probably deserves a boost to at least $500k.

College football's highest paid assistants include 9 coaches making $1.9 million or more

The number of coaches making $1 million or more has also more than tripled since 2018.
In 2018 there were just three coaches making $1.9 million or more. Just a few seasons later, that number has tripled.

Steve Berkowitz and USA Today published their annual list of college football assistant coach salaries this morning, and nine guys are making at least $1.9 million.
They are:

1. Garrett Riley (Clemson OC) - $2,050,00
  2. Ryan Grubb (Washington OC) - $2,000,004
  3. Glenn Schumann (Georgia DC) - $1,902,000
  4. Jeff Lebby (Oklahoma OC) - $1,900,000
  5. Matt House (LSU DC) - $1,900,000
  6. Pete Golding (Ole Miss DC) - $1,900,000
  7. Tommy Rees (Alabama OC) - $1,900,000
  8. Kevin Steele (Alabama DC) - $1,900,000
  9. Jim Knowles (Ohio State DC) - $1,900,000
Those top nine spots are occupied by four offensive coordinators and five defensive play callers.

That list from 2018 boasted 21 assistants making at least $1 million. Now? That number has exploded to 66 coaches making at least seven figures and the list includes a handful of assistants alongside coordinators.

Offensive and defensive line coaches are among some of the highest paid assistants with Ohio State's associate head coach Justin Frye, Michigan State offensive line coach Chris Kapilovic, Georgia defensive line coach Tray Scott and Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson among the assistants at the $1 million mark.

This year's list also includes the top strength coaches in the profession, where two guys are making $1 million, while a few others are not far off. Michigan's Ben Herbert and Oklahoma State's Rob Glass lead the way in pay for strength coaches, with each making $1 million annually. The top five strength coaches are rounded out with Ohio State's Mickey Marotti ($882,238), Cockeye's Raimond Braithwaite ($760,000), and Florida's Mark Hocke ($750,000).

whoboppin

Linebacker
How much money do we have left if the arsenal for assistant? I know Rhule didnt use it all. Id go at least 1.85 to 1.9

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
You want to keep him around for at least two more years. Rhule gets the team right in year 3 and White has a top 10 D, he’ll get some major P5 head coaching offers.

Offer him $1.5M, and if his agent can negotiate it to $1.7-1.8M then good on him. Going above $2M is probably a deal breaker, but with the pac10 teams coming in, a great defense keeps you in every game.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
s1200_E3681A30_C586_4D88_9FD3_4B91677EAD5E.jpg

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you're in the right ballpark with $1.8

I don't see a good reason to penny pinch with your best assistant. Offer him an increase that's deserved and move on to finding a QB coach.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think you're in the right ballpark with $1.8

I don't see a good reason to penny pinch with your best assistant. Offer him an increase that's deserved and move on to finding a QB coach.
That’s an assistant position that we have not had a GOOD coach at for what seems like 20 years. Nothing under Frost, Reily, or Pelini. I’ve always felt really bad for Adrian, shit coaching and shit o-line. If he would have had some development he probably would have been pretty good. I’m not saying NFL QB good but good enough to win a conference championship.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If A&M hires Jeff Traylor, UTSA might be a place that would be interested in White. Traylor makes $2.5M there.

huskersoup

Linebacker
Elite Member
If A&M hires Jeff Traylor, UTSA might be a place that would be interested in White. Traylor makes $2.5M there.
Crazy how much the market has changed since even 10 years ago. Wasn’t Bo making around like 2 mil?

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Reading how much the market has shifted for coordinators, and also that top position coaches are now at $1M, I'd say $1.8M.

Raiola will have a new contract and probably deserves a boost to at least $500k.

College football's highest paid assistants include 9 coaches making $1.9 million or more

The number of coaches making $1 million or more has also more than tripled since 2018.
In 2018 there were just three coaches making $1.9 million or more. Just a few seasons later, that number has tripled.

Steve Berkowitz and USA Today published their annual list of college football assistant coach salaries this morning, and nine guys are making at least $1.9 million.
They are:

1. Garrett Riley (Clemson OC) - $2,050,00
  2. Ryan Grubb (Washington OC) - $2,000,004
  3. Glenn Schumann (Georgia DC) - $1,902,000
  4. Jeff Lebby (Oklahoma OC) - $1,900,000
  5. Matt House (LSU DC) - $1,900,000
  6. Pete Golding (Ole Miss DC) - $1,900,000
  7. Tommy Rees (Alabama OC) - $1,900,000
  8. Kevin Steele (Alabama DC) - $1,900,000
  9. Jim Knowles (Ohio State DC) - $1,900,000
Those top nine spots are occupied by four offensive coordinators and five defensive play callers.

That list from 2018 boasted 21 assistants making at least $1 million. Now? That number has exploded to 66 coaches making at least seven figures and the list includes a handful of assistants alongside coordinators.

Offensive and defensive line coaches are among some of the highest paid assistants with Ohio State's associate head coach Justin Frye, Michigan State offensive line coach Chris Kapilovic, Georgia defensive line coach Tray Scott and Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson among the assistants at the $1 million mark.

This year's list also includes the top strength coaches in the profession, where two guys are making $1 million, while a few others are not far off. Michigan's Ben Herbert and Oklahoma State's Rob Glass lead the way in pay for strength coaches, with each making $1 million annually. The top five strength coaches are rounded out with Ohio State's Mickey Marotti ($882,238), Cockeye's Raimond Braithwaite ($760,000), and Florida's Mark Hocke ($750,000).
According to Football Scoop TW’s salary is currently TOP 9 and ties. I think TW will make between 1.5 and 1.75 million for his new contract. That would put him at TOP 3 and ties.

1 Jim Knowles, Ohio State -- $1.9 million
T1 Glenn Schumann, Georgia -- $1.9 million
T1 Kevin Steele, Alabama -- $1.9 million
T1 Matt House, LSU -- $1.9 million
2 Pete Kwiatkowski, Texas -- $1.7 million
T2 Tosh Lupoi, Oregon -- $1.7 million
3 Tim Banks, Tennessee -- $1.5 million
T3 DJ Durkin, Texas A&M -- $1.5 million
T3 Brad White, Kentucky -- $1.5 million
4 Morgan Scalley, Utah -- $1.4 million
5 Phil Parker, Cockeye -- $1.3 million
6 Tony Gibson, NC State -- $1.25 million
7 Blake Baker, Missouri -- $1.1 million
T7 Scottie Hazleton, Michigan State -- $1.1 million
T7 Adam Fuller, Florida State -- $1.1 million
T7 Joe Rossi, Minnesota -- $1.1 million
T7 Clayton White, South Carolina -- $1.1 million
T7 Travis Williams, Arkansas -- $1.1 million
8 Tim DeRuyter, Texas Tech -- $1.05 million
9 Bryan Brown, Cincinnati -- $1 million
T9 Tony White, Nebraska -- $1 million
Jesse Minter, Michigan -- $950,000
Brian Ward, Arizona State -- $950,000
Peter Sirmon, Cal -- $910,000
Wes Goodwin, Clemson -- $850,000
Brian Williams, Maryland -- $850,000
Chris Marve, Virginia Tech -- $825,000
Joe Harasmyiak, Rutgers -- $800,000
Mike Tressel, Wisconsin -- $750,000
Trent Bray, Oregon State -- $700,000
Ron English/Mark Hagen, Louisville -- $700,000
Aaron Henry, Illinois -- $700,000
Jordan Lesley, West Virginia -- $700,000
Johnny Nansen, Arizona -- $650,000
Bryan Nardo, Oklahoma State -- $650,000
William Inge/Chuck Morrell, Washington -- $625,000
Brian Borland, Kansas -- $600,000
Joe Klanderman, Kansas State -- $600,000

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
I’m sure I’m in the minority here and will get lambasted, but I don’t think he deserves to make much more than he does now. He’s done a good job, but he’s benefitted greatly by playing several teams with offensives nearly as bad as Nebraska’s. The schedule has benefitted him greatly.

He’s also inherited 4th and 5th year players on the d line and at linebacker, which has been a big part of the rush defense turnaround. Add to it - once Frost/Chins were fired last year and Busch took over, the defense improved a lot.

I’m not saying he hasn’t done a good job, I’m just saying I don’t think he is the miracle worker people are making him out to be.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m sure I’m in the minority here and will get lambasted, but I don’t think he deserves to make much more than he does now. He’s done a good job, but he’s benefitted greatly by playing several teams with offensives nearly as bad as Nebraska’s. The schedule has benefitted him greatly.

He’s also inherited 4th and 5th year players on the d line and at linebacker, which has been a big part of the rush defense turnaround. Add to it - once Frost/Chins were fired last year and Busch took over, the defense improved a lot.

I’m not saying he hasn’t done a good job, I’m just saying I don’t think he is the miracle worker people are making him out to be.
Don't you tell me not to irrationally call for him to get paid $2 million.

But yeah we've been down this road before and it could/probably has in the past burnt us bad

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Butler never did anything under the prior staff
Princewill is a freshman
Lenhardt is a freshman
Nash is vastly improved
Bullock wasn't even a LB before the new staff got here
Gbayor was being discussed as a bust
Sherman and Borders are both transfers in their first year at NU

DL and LB look a lot different than last year, and all of them play with better technique a and understanding of the position. the fact we also have a lot of these guys rotating at different positions with little/no drop off also points to the coaching being far better

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds