Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I think Carpenter may have actually nailed the hires on Rivals (2 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
It's not even close. Carpenter actually knows recruiting and puts effort into it...instead of making 1 lazy prediction in his 3-2-1 every week, sitting back and collecting subscriber gravy, making Tannor's commercials, and going on local radio to bitch about the Platinum board.

The new guys on Rivals work circles about Mongo, Matya, and Rosenthal-light (Sipple). I used to like Robin, but it seems even he has gotten a little arrogant with the move to Tater Island.
I never felt the love that people have for Robin he's just been basically covering NU basketball all these years which is only about one level higher than covering UNO wrestling IMHO.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Dean and his "Yes Men" seem like a bunch of Suck Ups that just want to stay on the good side of the Athletic Department by writing Fluff Pieces about the team and regurgitating what is said at Press Conferences. The professionalism that Carpenter is bringing is such a higher level than Dean's product. But I doubt Carpenter will sell himself out by speaking to the Ladies Knitting Guild in Lyons, Nebraska.
It's too bad that it wasn't the InsideNebraska team that went to Tater Island because it seems like that the actually Tater Island network is better than Rivals at this point and from what you guys have been saying they would have been a better fit than Dean&Co.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's too bad that it wasn't the InsideNebraska team that went to Tater Island because it seems like that the actually Tater Island network is better than Rivals at this point and from what you guys have been saying they would have been a better fit than Dean&Co.
Yeah, if you combined the new guys with Tater Island, it'd be a slam dunk. None of what I posted about this changes that Rivals sucks on a national level and has been pantsed for years by 247 and now Tater Island when it comes to anything resembling innovation.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Carpenter dropping his balls on IM4NUalways' chin this morning on IN.

In response to said poster repeatedly questioning whether Zack's sources are real -

Just because I’ve never covered Nebraska does not mean I lack connections. I’ve said it many times before: I covered recruiting for three years for a program (Ohio State) that recruits nationally. I built a lot of connections through that because recruiting is a highly interconnected network.

On top of that, sorry if it’s hard to believe but, yeah, I’ve already built sources connected to the program and connected to this search. Because I’m good at what I do. Not trying to sound cocky. Just being straight up. I was hired for a reason.

So refreshing to see someone with some confidence running that site. Dean would've banned the guy, but Zack just puts him in his place and continues on with his day.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member

In response to said poster repeatedly questioning whether Zack's sources are real -

Just because I’ve never covered Nebraska does not mean I lack connections. I’ve said it many times before: I covered recruiting for three years for a program (Ohio State) that recruits nationally. I built a lot of connections through that because recruiting is a highly interconnected network.

On top of that, sorry if it’s hard to believe but, yeah, I’ve already built sources connected to the program and connected to this search. Because I’m good at what I do. Not trying to sound cocky. Just being straight up. I was hired for a reason.

So refreshing to see someone with some confidence running that site. Dean would've banned the guy, but Zack just puts him in his place and continues on with his day.
Damn, maybe I'll have to give renew my subscription to Rivals again. I do miss the main board though.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Unfortunately Rivals is on the downhill slide unless they find a way to keep up, but the new staff is definitely good at what they do.
That sucks, but I'm sure Dean took his flock of sheep with him to Tater Island, which might be a good thing since half of the posts on there were miserable people.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

That's savage. Good for him. Love the confidence and strength.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

Haven't seen the “ball-dropping” post yet this morning but it couldn’t happen to a bigger dipshit than IM4NU. I’ve know him personally for 25 yrs and he deserves every kick in the nuts that he gets.

Good for Zack. I’m going to keep my Rivals membership, if only for the group of guys that they have assembled. So much more enjoyable to read their style of writing and their candor.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haven't seen the “ball-dropping” post yet this morning but it couldn’t happen to a bigger dipshit than IM4NU. I’ve know him personally for 25 yrs and he deserves every kick in the nuts that he gets.

Good for Zack. I’m going to keep my Rivals membership, if only for the group of guys that they have assembled. So much more enjoyable to read their style of writing and their candor.

Agreed. Love their writing and stories. Just so much more professional all the way around.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Rivals continues to impress and appear to be so much hungrier when it comes to reporting and improving content. Much better professional writers and content than Tater Island, and it's not even close. Rivals has a more thorough no non-sense product where as Sean & his writers have catered more to the less knowledgeable fans, more of the common people versus the true football junkies. I doubt any former players are impressed with any of the breakdowns that Tater Island has done. Meanwhile Rivals has put out some impressive pieces that both knowledgeable & common fans can not only appreciate but learn from.

betsch

Safety
Rivals continues to impress and appear to be so much hungrier when it comes to reporting and improving content. Much better professional writers and content than Tater Island, and it's not even close. Rivals has a more thorough no non-sense product where as Sean & his writers have catered more to the less knowledgeable fans, more of the common people versus the true football junkies. I doubt any former players are impressed with any of the breakdowns that Tater Island has done. Meanwhile Rivals has put out some impressive pieces that both knowledgeable & common fans can not only appreciate but learn from.
The Rivals guys, instead of getting defensive, actually defend their posts when called out, if that makes any sense.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The quality of info and wiring on the Rivals site blows away Tater Island. As someone else said, as soon as Dean came back it became clear what a piece of shit site that is.

I still wish Rivals would let you read other school's boards, instead of trying to squeeze more money out of you for the privilege. That's always fun to do during coaching searches, conference expansion etc.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds