Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Zack Carpenter and Dylan Raiola (3 Viewers)

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Shoutout @Zack Carpenter you were right dude. I've had my guard up about Raiola just because I'm afraid to be hurt I guess, but holy shit. I'm actually surprised that so many people are pulling the old "I dunno, he's going to make a lot of mistakes, temper your expectations, maybe Haarberg deserves to start at first..." schtick.

Raiola was SO much better than the other QBs, so much better than I expected in general, he was doing things I don't know if I've ever seen from an NU QB. Just an absolutely different level of seeing the field, pocket awareness, ball placement, touch on the ball, it all looked effortless. If he's not the starter from game 1, the coaches are playing some kind of mind games. There is no doubt in my mind that he's ready and he's easily our best option. It's gonna be a lot of fun watching him for the next 2-3 years!
Did anyone actually say that?
Saw it several times on Rivals, haven't seen anyone here say it. Just speaking in general.
Confuses me to still hear some of the discourse (in certain places) where some (for whatever reason) are playing it safe and saying something to the effect of "we expect Raiola to be the starter, but Rhule hasn't named a starter yet, so it's still ongoing." ... Believe it or not, that's still being said.

Appreciate the shoutout! I've never planted my flag this hard into the ground for a player this far out and stood by it as aggressively as I have with DR and definitely never this publicly lol. Never have done a three-part analysis column for a commitment and never have gone as aggressive as I did in this January article (LINK)

And now everyone got a taste of why! He didn't do a single thing on Saturday that surprised me or that I haven't been saying he would do for two years now. So fun to see it happen. Hopefully cancels out my "I think Myles Farmer could be a breakout star in TW's defense" take from spring 2023 😅😂

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Confuses me to still hear some of the discourse (in certain places) where some (for whatever reason) are playing it safe and saying something to the effect of "we expect Raiola to be the starter, but Rhule hasn't named a starter yet, so it's still ongoing." ... Believe it or not, that's still being said.

Appreciate the shoutout! I've never planted my flag this hard into the ground for a player this far out and stood by it as aggressively as I have with DR and definitely never this publicly lol. Never have done a three-part analysis column for a commitment and never have gone as aggressive as I did in this January article (LINK)

And now everyone got a taste of why! He didn't do a single thing on Saturday that surprised me or that I haven't been saying he would do for two years now. So fun to see it happen. Hopefully cancels out my "I think Myles Farmer could be a breakout star in TW's defense" take from spring 2023 😅😂
Dylan has truly come a long ways from when he was just a slow, overrated commit to Georgia.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds