Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

It's Official - CU @ NU is Primetime on NBC (2 Viewers)

huskersoup

Linebacker
Atmosphere should eclipse this
541f858103c12.image.jpg
I always get a kick out of this picture because it perfectly shows how god awful of a spot our student section is located.

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
Wasn't that game a Peacock Exclusive broadcast?
Watched it in a home2 suites hotel and shitty dive bar next to the hotel in Carbondale IL. Doubt either would have peacock access.

Was there because it’s a decent halfway point between Omaha and Auburn AL, which is where my in-laws live, on our way to visit them for Thanksgiving

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Adolph Coors, your post got me thinking...I wonder if any turncoat NU fans will sell their NU-CU seats to the enemy (for a fuck ton).

If you had tix, would you sell yours to a limp wrist, California liberal who attended CU for $1000 per seat?

A Commiefornia liberal would be vaporized walking into a Red State and that Red Stadium

1715624996068.png

And that's a good thing.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Perhaps a hot take…but I think they need to dump Thunderstruck and replace it with something that’s not 35 years old.

I was thinking about our music choices this weekend as i heard Alan Parsons on Sirius XM on Sunday and thought this has been going on since 1994
Time for a change.

Someone there needs to figure out some new tunes for us throughout the game, from Tunnel Walk to 3rd Qtr and then at the End of Game

Maybe tPB should figure this out>?

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Adolph Coors, your post got me thinking...I wonder if any turncoat NU fans will sell their NU-CU seats to the enemy (for a fuck ton).

If you had tix, would you sell yours to a limp wrist, California liberal who attended CU for $1000 per seat?
I just don't see Colorado fans travelling in volume like that. I wouldn't expect there to be many offers from Colorado fans, much more pressure from Nebraska fans that would want to go.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was thinking about our music choices this weekend as i heard Alan Parsons on Sirius XM on Sunday and thought this has been going on since 1994
Time for a change.

Someone there needs to figure out some new tunes for us throughout the game, from Tunnel Walk to 3rd Qtr and then at the End of Game

So we were 2nd to use that song after the Bulls (Jordan era) did it first. When did the Bulls stop playing theirs? Right after Jordan left maybe? Hilarious that we've kept playing ours for another 26 yrs after that.

doublewing

Running Back
Please for the fucking love of god do not play the fucking Irish jig song during this moment...........,,........
That song is so embarrassing. When I first heard it online I thought it was a joke and then it was revealed to me that it is played at games. It's a blight on the University that people there think it's cool and should be shared with the masses.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Perhaps a hot take…but I think they need to dump Thunderstruck and replace it with something that’s not 35 years old.
I always think Beastie Boys "So Whatcha Want" could have a similar effect to Wisconsin's Jump Around thing. It's hip hop so Youths can embrace it but it's "classic" and has a kinda simple stadium rock beat, cool guitar riff, and an intense vibe that even non-rap-fans can appreciate and get hyped to.

(side note - I can't believe this is almost as old as Thunderstruck. I figured that song was from the 70s)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Time for a change.

I'm allllllll about a total refresh of all music played in the stadium throughout games HOWEVER I actually think the Tunnel Walk can stay... It's basically like wanting to replace There Is No Place Like Nebraska or Hail Varsity, it's just become a fight song that exists outside of time and space because it's a Nebraska football song.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
That song is so embarrassing. When I first heard it online I thought it was a joke and then it was revealed to me that it is played at games. It's a blight on the University that people there think it's cool and should be shared with the masses.

I guess I'm an outlier as both my wife and I like the Irish song and don't get the hate on it...

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Less is more when it comes to studio music at games. It's my biggest gripe with memorial and I have many.

Been to most of the big ten stadiums and a few SEC ones. The best atmospheres let the stadium speak for itself. Bands and crowd noise make the atmosphere and build tension. Maybe play Crazy Train (example) ahead of a third down or something to turn up the crowd's volume but that should be about it. It seems like there's a different song every other play. Camp Randall and Kinnick handle the production of a game really well. Not sure why we're seemingly so bad at it.

The worst part of getting into the moment at nebraska is they'll play like two or three songs at a specific stoppage and even genre mix. It's mind boggling.

Probably the worst stadium that gets a full crowd I've ever been to in that regard. Is it the acoustics? Boomers? No idea

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds