Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting Thread (3 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Blair AnguloBLAIR ANGULO6 minsVIP0

PHOENIX — Coveted safety Rylon Dillard-Allen faced a difficult choice this week but ultimately decided to back off his commitment to hometown Arizona State, citing a desire to continue exploring his college options heading into the summer.

The three-star safety from Phoenix (Ariz.) Mountain Pointe had taken the lone official visit to nearby ASU on the weekend of April 19 when he opted to make his initial pledge.

The plan now, Dillard-Allen said, is to look closely at the other contenders.

"I committed off my first official visit, so I just want to step out, see what other schools have for me," Dillard-Allen told 247Sports. "I'm going to take a few other official visits. I had seven scheduled originally, but I don't think I'll take that many. Texas A&M is scheduled for June 14 and Washington for June 21. I also know I want to get out to Nebraska for an official and they have been pushing real hard."

Dillard-Allen is the nation's No. 33 rated safety and No. 4 overall prospect in the state of Arizona for the 2025 class, per the 247Sports rankings.

Dillard-Allen previously made it to College Station earlier this spring and really liked what he saw from the Aggies.

"It's my only SEC offer," he said at the time. "Everybody knows the SEC has the best ball, so I really want to know what it's like there and what's to that."

The Huskies, meanwhile, have the familiarity factor working in their favor. Dillard-Allen was a top priority for the staff when the coaches were at Arizona and Washington had a couple representatives at Mountain Pointe's college showcase on Wednesday night.

The electric 5-foot-11, 165-pound prospect saw his stock rise dramatically during the season last year after sitting out the first five games of his junior season due to transfer rules. Dillard-Allen clocked a personal-best 10.86 time in the 100-meter dash as a sophomore last spring.
Phillip's boy?

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
BChristopherson avatar
BChristophersonSTAFF
Posted on 11 hrs, V I P, User Since 137 months ago, User Post Count: 29522
  • 11 hrsVIP
  • 137 months
Story to run early in the morning on the prospect from Omaha Central.
First place in Class A the shot put in Class with a PR, second in discus, he also got his first DI offer today from Air Force. Great kid who was just so happy about the last couple days. His dad also coaches him in throws, so it was quite the shared experience.
He will camp at Nebraska on June 8. He's been hearing a lot from Husker coaches, probably the most from E.J. Barthel, who has taken on more of a role with the in-state recruiting. But he also got texts from Tony White and others about his state track performance.
He will play wherever, he said, but probably sees himself most on the D-line. He came up to a lot of spring practices so he loves what they're doing. He also had a great story about what he saw at Norris middle school the day after Matt Rhule's camp that I'll post separately here. It'll give you a glimpse of how Rhule and staff seem to be impacting things in-state, and in Omaha in particular in this case.
This post was edited by BChristopherson 12 hours ago

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
BChristophersonSTAFF
Posted on 11 hrs, V I P, User Since 137 months ago, User Post Count: 29522
  • 11 hrsVIP
  • 137 months
Story to run early in the morning on the prospect from Omaha Central.
First place in Class A the shot put in Class with a PR, second in discus, he also got his first DI offer today from Air Force. Great kid who was just so happy about the last couple days. His dad also coaches him in throws, so it was quite the shared experience.
He will camp at Nebraska on June 8. He's been hearing a lot from Husker coaches, probably the most from E.J. Barthel, who has taken on more of a role with the in-state recruiting. But he also got texts from Tony White and others about his state track performance.
He will play wherever, he said, but probably sees himself most on the D-line. He came up to a lot of spring practices so he loves what they're doing. He also had a great story about what he saw at Norris middle school the day after Matt Rhule's camp that I'll post separately here. It'll give you a glimpse of how Rhule and staff seem to be impacting things in-state, and in Omaha in particular in this case.
This post was edited by BChristopherson 12 hours ago
1715960485413.png

Attachments

• 1715960460789.png
    1715960460789.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
What Do You Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds