Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Podcasts recommendations (4 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have some friends who do a D&D style podcast. That's not really my scene, but I know some of you are that kind of nerd:

"Friend"

"Not really my scene"

John Candy Reaction GIF

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
SZD for CFB
Big Picture from The Ringer for movies
Prestige TV from The Ringer
Bill Simmons Podcast/NBA Ringer Show
Chapo’s Traphouse for movies/pop culture
If Books Could Kill (lefty book roasting)
5-4 (lefty Supreme Court roasting)
You’re Wrong About
Smartless
Radiolab
Oologies
Normal Gossip

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Forgot about one other national college football podcast, The Solid Verbal. It's a little hokey but it's decent. Their Big Ten preview is out today.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
I have a recommendation for the board. Not sure if anyone on here listens to Lex Fridman, but he had an episode recently that was fascinating and a great listen. It is long long, coming in at just over 6 hours so if you listen do it in chunks or if you have a long road trip give it a listen. It is an interview with con artist Matthew Cox. He was on FBI's, Secret Service's, and multiple agency's most wanted lists. Dateline did several episodes on him as well as other crime drama shows. He goes into his start as a criminal, how he did it, life on the run, prison, and more. It is captivating, funny, sad, and happy all in one. I have provided the Youtube link, but you can find Fridman's podcast wherever podcasts are. Enjoy.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have a recommendation for the board. Not sure if anyone on here listens to Lex Fridman, but he had an episode recently that was fascinating and a great listen. It is long long, coming in at just over 6 hours so if you listen do it in chunks or if you have a long road trip give it a listen. It is an interview with con artist Matthew Cox. He was on FBI's, Secret Service's, and multiple agency's most wanted lists. Dateline did several episodes on him as well as other crime drama shows. He goes into his start as a criminal, how he did it, life on the run, prison, and more. It is captivating, funny, sad, and happy all in one. I have provided the Youtube link, but you can find Fridman's podcast wherever podcasts are. Enjoy.

I only heard about this guy the other day because someone said I look like him on tiktok. I wasn’t sure how to take that.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dave Smith's Part of the Problem (Politics)
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History (History... obviously)
Jimmy Dore Podcast (Politics)
System Update w/ Glenn Greenwald (Politics)
True Crime Garage (True Crime... Obviously)
Lex Fridman Podcast (if there's somebody interesting on. Current events/tech)
Weaponized (if you're into aliens)
Matt & Shane's Secret Podcast (Comedy)
The Joe Rogan Experience (Current events, politics, comedy, etc.)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Solving JFK is a great deep dive into the assassination. The host is a lawyer who goes through every single thing in a logical order. Amazing the little things you haven't heard, even if you've paid attention over the years. He's on season 2 now.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Solving JFK is a great deep dive into the assassination. The host is a lawyer who goes through every single thing in a logical order. Amazing the little things you haven't heard, even if you've paid attention over the years. He's on season 2 now.
loved season one

Reactions: Irv

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll have to check that out

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Wild, I just got done listening to a JFK related podcast.
Forensic pathologist covers how bad the handling of the body was.

Reactions: Irv

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Wild, I just got done listening to a JFK related podcast.
Forensic pathologist covers how bad the handling of the body was.

I'll have to check that one out.

Related, there is a doc from last year that has interviews with Parkland doctors, who contradict much of the official record. They filmed the interviews a few years ago to get them on record before they were all dead. I guess it took a few years to assemble it into an actual documentary.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds