Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking What’s this? (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was using the barely in relationship to time. I don't know if our relevancy could handle another Frost era. Another bad coach might have seen us slip into irrelevancy. Frost era was rough.
Probably so.

And BTW, I'm not really celebrating the fact that we're so relevant. It's not really merit-based because we certainly haven't earned it on the field.

NU is just lucky that the 2024 CFB landscape values things that we happen to be strong in: brand strength, online engagement, visible HC, NIL $$$, etc. This has made NU a more relevant CFB program than programs who win *a lot* more than us (like Cockeye, Wisconsin, Minnesota for 3 quick examples).

Much to my chagrin, this also allows Colorado to be a very nationally relevant program. Though that evaporates the second Prime quits there.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Get to a bowl game and I will believe we are relevant. Anything short of that is just BS.
I got some bad news for you: the Pinstripe Bowl berth won't make us any more or less relevant. Detroit Bowl nothing. Idaho Potato bowl nothing. Vegas Bowl does nothing. Making a bowl game will not be the magic fixer that NU fans are expecting it to be. They're useless now.

To become a real player, we gotta make the new 12-team CFP. Every other bowl game is just a circle jerk. I don't GAF about any of them.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I got some bad news for you: the Pinstripe Bowl berth won't make us any more or less relevant. Detroit Bowl nothing. Idaho Potato bowl nothing. Vegas Bowl does nothing. Making a bowl game will not be the magic fixer that NU fans are expecting it to be. They're useless now.

To become a real player, we gotta make the new 12-team CFP. Every other bowl game is just a circle jerk. I don't GAF about any of them.
I don't think a program has to make it to be relevant, but has to be in the conversation. But you are right minor bowl games will be pretty meaningless, with players opting out, they will be a glorified scrimmage to work on the team for next season.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Dabo has not changed with the times and Clemson's results have shown it.

I think that's kind of an overreaction. He had a pretty special run of Quarterbacks but then completely whiffed on the position in 3 straight recruiting classes.

Their results are due to awful QB play while their rest of their roster was still elite.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think that's kind of an overreaction. He had a pretty special run of Quarterbacks but then completely whiffed on the position in 3 straight recruiting classes.

Their results are due to awful QB play while their rest of their roster was still elite.
That still goes back to his refusal to use the transfer portal, which is "changing with the times". No excuse to not try and snag someone in the portal if you're that desperate...unless you're Scott Frost

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

We are on the same page. I’m not thinking that 6-6/7-5 toilet bowl. We need the 8-10 game win bowl and lord willing begin the playoff hunt for sure.

We for sure CANNOT have another 5-7 no bowl appearance season however. Period.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
That still goes back to his refusal to use the transfer portal, which is "changing with the times". No excuse to not try and snag someone in the portal if you're that desperate...unless you're Scott Frost
It's like he's trying to make a statement that he doesn't like the new rules. Get over it. It's not going backwards.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds