Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2 games left thoughts. (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
1: There is only one guy on offense that needs his name circled, highlighted, arrows, stars and alarm bells next to it on the play sheet and that is Emmett Johnson. Dude is trying his hardest to be our hero and for some reason we don't let him. I have no doubt if they feed him 3 times from the 5 he gets in and we beat Maryland.

2: Maybe we are not allowed to have heroes. HH looked like he would save our season until he didn't. Sims came in and was playing well enough to win us the game until he didn't. Then Purdy got his shot to be a hero and was on his way until he wasn't. Nebraska football just isn't allowed to have a savior.

3: The portal has been a pretty big bust for the most part for guys we took this year.

Bad/Awful to little contribution:
Jeff Sims
Chief Borders (Milk Carton)
MJ Sherman
Jacob Hood
Arik GilVape
Corey Collier (is he even alive?)
Tyler Knaak

Mid to OK:
Smurf Kemp
Elijah Jeudy
Fat Fleeks

Good:
Ben Scott

4: Welcome back Marques Buford. Looking good. Keep it up. Gonna need you next year to replace Omar Brown.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
I thought MJ Sherman has been playing quite a bit and maybe rotating with Butler? I could be wrong, but seen him make a few plays. Everyone else I agree with.
Unless the can fix the 5 turnovers a game rate. We will sit a 5-7. I'm guessing that's not fixable in a week.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Both games are winnable.

Like I have been saying for at least 5 years almost every week.

If Nebraska doesn't beat Nebraska we win. Obviously that is a problem
The more I think about it the Cockeye game isn’t winnable because Cockeye won’t beat themselves and their defense will kill our offense.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I eventually came numb to the frost years because I just got so over it and sick of it.

But weren't Frost's first year or whatever, wasn't the defense kinda good and the offense kinda bad?

New fans are always going to give the new coach the benefit of the doubt. It could be really bad and they'll still defend them because "give them a chance." Okay, that's fine. But if it's bad, some people are going to say it's bad.

This offense is pathetic and I'm really worried Rhule won't move on from satturturd after this season. And like it's been mentioned, the upcoming schedules are only tougher. This schedule compared to upcoming one's is a layup.

They HAVE to flip the offensive side of the ball this offseason. Oh, and recruiting seems to be bleh.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I eventually came numb to the frost years because I just got so over it and sick of it.

But weren't Frost's first year or whatever, wasn't the defense kinda good and the offense kinda bad?

New fans are always going to give the new coach the benefit of the doubt. It could be really bad and they'll still defend them because "give them a chance." Okay, that's fine. But if it's bad, some people are going to say it's bad.

This offense is pathetic and I'm really worried Rhule won't move on from satturturd after this season. And like it's been mentioned, the upcoming schedules are only tougher. This schedule compared to upcoming one's is a layup.

They HAVE to flip the offensive side of the ball this offseason. Oh, and recruiting seems to be bleh.
The defense mostly sucked under Frost except for 2021 due to the COVID seniors who mostly recruited by Riley anyway. Last years defense slowly improved when Busch took over, but still wasn't great and gave up a few games that we should've won.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know shit about offensive schemes, but to me as the casual fan, the OL is still a work in progress and blocking in general sucks from the OL and TE/WRs. Additionally, does Rhule want to be a quick strike kind of guy or grind the ball on the ground and only pass when necessary? From my observations, HH doesn't move well in the pocket and would be better suited for more bootlegs and other teams have figured out how to stop the option when he's the QB. Sins seems to move okay in the pocket, but he seems to lock on his primary WR's and never looks off the secondary.

As far as recruiting goes, it's still too early to tell with some of these kids. If Nelson stays and we get Brix to commit and maybe take that other OT from Bishop, I think the recruiting cycle would be a success.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
As far as recruiting goes, it's still too early to tell with some of these kids. If Nelson stays and we get Brix to commit and maybe take that other OT from Bishop, I think the recruiting cycle would be a success.
I think the recruiting class is perfectly fine. Obviously they could end up with a cherry on top with Brix, but Rhule has pretty much done exactly what he said he was going to do in recruiting and given the contribution of Jaylen Lloyd, the resurrection of Butler and Gbayor's careers, and the interest from Ohio State and Alabama in some of the commits/former commits (RIP KeGONE), I think the staff has earned a bit of latitude on their talent identification.

Of course I'd take a top 10 class over what we've got every day of the week, but I don't think you can flip a switch and get there given our last decade

Last edited:

redzoner

Cornerback
1: There is only one guy on offense that needs his name circled, highlighted, arrows, stars and alarm bells next to it on the play sheet and that is Emmett Johnson. Dude is trying his hardest to be our hero and for some reason we don't let him. I have no doubt if they feed him 3 times from the 5 he gets in and we beat Maryland.

2: Maybe we are not allowed to have heroes. HH looked like he would save our season until he didn't. Sims came in and was playing well enough to win us the game until he didn't. Then Purdy got his shot to be a hero and was on his way until he wasn't. Nebraska football just isn't allowed to have a savior.

3: The portal has been a pretty big bust for the most part for guys we took this year.

Jeff Sims
MJ Sherman
Jacob Hood
Arik GilVape
Tyler Knaak

Mid to OK:
Smurf Kemp
Elijah Jeudy
Fat Fleeks

Good:
Ben Scott

4: Welcome back Marques Buford. Looking good. Keep it up. Gonna need you next year to replace Omar Brown.
Seems pretty harsh to put Sherman and Borders in the Bad/Awful category. They have both started games for a good defense. We just have a lot of rotation at those positions and others have emerged to split even more snaps.

whoboppin

Linebacker
There are three types of portal players:

- High level Day 1 starters like like Billy Kemp who are plug and play starters

- Contributors - Borders, Sherman, etc

- Young Guys - Kanak, Hood, etc. Basically add the player to the 2023 0r 2022 recruiting class.

People just have crazy expectations for Transfers. For the most part they are depth pieces. Gilbert is the only bust right now. Collier does seem quite absent/concerning but we will see. Oh yeah, Jeff Simms as well is a bust, snake bitten there.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

Jeff Sims
MJ Sherman
Jacob Hood
Arik GilVape
Tyler Knaak

Mid to OK:
Smurf Kemp
Elijah Jeudy
Fat Fleeks

Good:
Ben Scott

Still holding out hope for Knaak, and to a lesser extent Hood. I don't think either were expected to be contributors this year, but more so contribute next season on. That said, Hood seems like he could go the fat, lazy, and cut route.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Still holding out hope for Knaak, and to a lesser extent Hood. I don't think either were expected to be contributors this year, but more so contribute next season on. That said, Hood seems like he could go the fat, lazy, and cut route.
Terrance Knighton will shepherd that young man this offseason as Pot Roast racked up like 300k in fines as a pro for being fat and lazy

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman

Well on the offensive side what do we have to attractive to a recruit? Can't run Can't pass our oline shoves. The only thing we have to offer is a fan base that dwindles with every passing year and playing time which has not attracted anyone that's worth the Sharman extra they wipe their but with.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds