Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (12 Viewers)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
You have three options when change happens:

1. Adapt
2. Migrate
3. Die

Dabo has chosen the third option. It doesn’t matter how good your roster is, there will always be positions where you can upgrade via the portal. He’s just being naive.
I agree - you have to be active in the portal in today's college football. I'm not saying that there aren't a handful of guys that they should be adding every year - they absolutely should. But he is right in that the vast majority of the portal isn't good enough for what they are looking for. They are likely missing out on upgrading 3-4 positions every year though.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

pug gifmedogs GIF by Rover.com

So if my math is right the next school he lands at will be the 7th he has committed to or played for:
Florida
Miami
Butler CC
Purdue
Colorado
Texas St

He bounces more than a Super Ball

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Which can mean the difference between playoffs and no playoffs with them.
I agree completely. I think my point was grossly misunderstood lol. Clemson is making a huge mistake by ignoring the portal. But Dabo's comment was right - most of the portal is worse than what they already have. But not everyone - that's where they need to take advantage of it.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree completely. I think my point was grossly misunderstood lol. Clemson is making a huge mistake by ignoring the portal. But Dabo's comment was right - most of the portal is worse than what they already have. But not everyone - that's where they need to take advantage of it.
I got it. I was just adding to it.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Rivals Nebraska is reporting that Randolph Kpai tweeted that he is transfering to Augustana but then deleted the tweet. Hometown, but a big drop down to Div. III.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds