Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (40 Viewers)

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ummmmm....guys? They aren't serious about football in Boulder.

200w.gif

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don't think is that we couldn't run the ball against them. We just had to shift away from it once Jeff Sims started playing like he didn't have fingers or thumbs on either of his hands.

I think if we can take care of the ball, we commit to the run, even if it doesn't work early. Our OL wears down their DL into the Q3 and runs start to leak and pop. Gotta stay patient, lean on an experienced and stingy D early on.
I’m not convinced that we will be able to run the ball this year. Have we really upgraded our RB room? What evidence do we have that our OL is going to be better than last year? Will our DBs be able to hang with their WRs.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I’m not convinced that we will be able to run the ball this year. Have we really upgraded our RB room? What evidence do we have that our OL is going to be better than last year? Will our DBs be able to hang with their WRs.
We were running the ball well last year before Sims decided to do his thing

We got that big dude from Florida to be our RG so our o-line should be better at running the ball

We should be able to run the ball down their throats but we won’t have to because Mahomes 2.0 will be busy throwing for 600 yards and 9 touchdowns

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Shadoodoo is gonna throw for at least 300 yards

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
It’s simple. We didn’t have a good passing game last year, so all the defenses moved most of their LBers and Safeties up in the box.

By having a good throwing QB and some deep threats, they won’t be able to cheat up by filling the box up. And that should create a few more open lanes for our RBs.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think Dylan effectively being able to run an RPO will help a lot. Wont have to depend on power run game cuz Heinrich can’t throw

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If nothing else, age and experience of the OL is a great indicator of offensive success. Benhart was greatly improved last year, so hope he can make another jump. Ben Scott isn't a star, but solid. Teddy staying healthy would help. Mazooka taking a starting guard spot would help. Maybe JEJ steps up at another guard, or one of the young guys like Sledge or Gottula jumps out from the pack. If nothing else, it finally looks like we have some depth - hooray!

I think it's more about the OL than the RB in if our running game is serviceable, fwiw.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
You guys are so obsessed with Prime and you don’t even know about the recent coverup with his other idiot loudmouth dumbass kid

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds