Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Benning on Coffee & Cream (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
DB was openly cheering for his kid to go Nebraska on this morning's show.

Perhaps nothing groundbreaking, because we all know Damon loves his school and really likes Rhule, but it is interesting to hear a parent openly hoping his kid goes to a certain school. So many try to be totally neutral, everyone has a chance, it's wide open, I'm not going to influence his choice, etc.

The video starts with him saying he doesn't want Stanford to join the Big Ten because it might make them more attractive to Caleb and he doesn't want Caleb to go there. At the 1:09:24 mark (about a 1.5 minutes in) he literally cheers for DONU to be the choice.

Last edited:

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Good news! You're right, it's pretty rare.

On a related note, is DB's new podcast any good? I listened to one of the very first eps and the other host just seemed a little too green to be paired up with DB.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

On a related note, is DB's new podcast any good? I listened to one of the very first eps and the other host just seemed a little too green to be paired up with DB.
I've actually been impressed with the other host, Andrew, considering how green and young he is. He does a pretty good job of running the show and seems to decently hold his own with DB.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Damon has been pretty consistent about wanting Caleb to go to Nebraska, as far as I remember.

Pipehog69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member

Yeah it’s good, Andrew Rogers is young but I prefer him to Severe or Sharp. I love Db but the show with those two as his partner was all over the place, too many dumb tangents and guys talking over each other.

Also yesterday DB said neither he nor Caleb wanted to go on the 25th but CJ Cavazos put in the work and that was that. I think he is going to be a huge asset for the recruiting staff.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah it’s good, Andrew Rogers is young but I prefer him to Severe or Sharp. I love Db but the show with those two as his partner was all over the place, too many dumb tangents and guys talking over each other.

Also yesterday DB said neither he nor Caleb wanted to go on the 25th but CJ Cavazos put in the work and that was that. I think he is going to be a huge asset for the recruiting staff.
I am blown away by the non-coaching staff Rhule has put together. People with great work ethics and experience plus strong connections around the country. Only name I can remember ever hearing behind the scenes for Frost was Kenny Wilhite, and people complaining about Gerrod Lambrecht. I guess Sean Dillon's name was mentioned a couple times. Now we are seeing recruits, high school coaches and parents mention a wide variety of names that they are in contact with. I think CJ along with the rest of the recruiting staff is going to be a huge asset for us.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
Personally, I’ve been listening to Sip & Jake who have had Bill Busch as part of the show for the last 5 or 6 weeks on 93.7. Busch is a wealth of knowledge and piles on Sipple a lot about some of his comments which I enjoy. Busch gives a great insight on college football behind the scenes.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Not that it really matters, but I thought Caleb was rated higher....
1677622693141.png

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds