Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Betts = Zero Offense Snaps (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost has shown many of our high rated recruits don't see the field. Betts, Nixon, Brown. 3 guys with some talent that sit while Lewier and Belt play. I dunno. We can't seem to develop skill players. Heck, Fleming and Betts showed talent and promise last season. Fleming bolted as his role dwindled or was very small even though you could see he had talent.
Frost’s best skill players were Riley players. He can’t recruit any. Frost is a poor mans Bo

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost has shown many of our high rated recruits don't see the field. Betts, Nixon, Brown. 3 guys with some talent that sit while Lewier and Belt play. I dunno. We can't seem to develop skill players. Heck, Fleming and Betts showed talent and promise last season. Fleming bolted as his role dwindled or was very small even though you could see he had talent.
Cut the field in half…two reads and run. Roll out every other play…throw back to an offense that a Michael Vick could run. Had the same issues at Adrian. Divide it in half, read then run.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Cut the field in half…two reads and run. Roll out every other play…throw back to an offense that a Michael Vick could run. Had the same issues at Adrian. Divide it in half, read then run.

I agree with cutting the field in half for martinez. He just can't read and execute. Play action passes, one side option roll outs, etc to simplify the reads he has to make. These types of things could/should help, but we have seen that Frost does not have it in him to adjust to his QB or figure out an offensive game plan that will work for him yet be effective to move the ball and especially be effective in the red zone.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree with cutting the field in half for martinez. He just can't read and execute. Play action passes, one side option roll outs, etc to simplify the reads he has to make. These types of things could/should help, but we have seen that Frost does not have it in him to adjust to his QB or figure out an offensive game plan that will work for him yet be effective to move the ball and especially be effective in the red zone.
It’s mind bottling. In short order our opposing coach (whose name I refuse to use) simplifies everything for his second string quarterback and helps with some very efficient situations for his QB.

Now, give him credit he made those simple reads and connected his passes…and he was put in a good position too.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It’s mind bottling. In short order our opposing coach (whose name I refuse to use) simplifies everything for his second string quarterback and helps with some very efficient situations for his QB.

Now, give him credit he made those simple reads and connected his passes…and he was put in a good position too.

Beliema is a better coach than Frost and able to adjust.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Liewer, Falk, Belt made up half of the snaps taken, is that correct?

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I’m as puzzled as you are. @alt f4 as well as many official media members reported the same if I’m not mistaken. Waterboy didn’t mention any injury or anything to me.

He was running with the 1s as of Wednesday. There was zero indication he would have limited snaps based on everything from early Aug to Wed.

Last fall, yes I can see why they'd limit his snaps last year due to limited playbook knowledge and general confusion.

Mind boggling.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds