Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bye Tony…. (4 Viewers)

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
If TW leaves, the reasons will not solely revolve around money. Assuming it's solely a financial decision is shortsighted.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I'm fine with that. It's year one of a rebuild with a coach you still trust. Your DC apparently did a phenomenal job bc a blue blood program is trying to poach him for the same job. If your HC wants to keep him because it's best for the team, you try to do it, if you're trying to compete on the level you claim you are.
I agree. We pay to keep our coaches whatever the going market rate is. Especially if they are being offered by a direct opponent the same job they have here.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'd be surprised if that played out. He was also going to leave to be a HC a few days ago.
Why would you be surprised? If he'd been offered the SDSU job I have no doubt he would have taken it.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve read enough of the internet to convince myself that White is all but #hegone. Mentally preparing myself for that upcoming kick to the crotch.
Safest to assume he's gone and nothing good happens in Lincoln. Best case and I truly mean best case scenario given Nebraska's recent history of being incompetent constantly is Tone leaves and Bob Diaco rides again.

Best case

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Unless he just wants the paycheck, NU is much better for his resume at this point.

He’s the rock star of this staff and has very good pieces coming back.

Meanwhile, USC defense is in shambles and he will always be second fiddle there - just the guy whose job it is to allow Lincoln to look like a genius.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Unless he just wants the paycheck, NU is much better for his resume at this point.

Meanwhile, USC defense is in shambles and he will always be second fiddle there - just the guy whose job it is to allow Lincoln to look like a genius.

And a scapegoat when they’re struggling to make a bowl

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why would you be surprised? If he'd been offered the SDSU job I have no doubt he would have taken it.

And a scapegoat when they’re struggling to make a bowl

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not as freaked about White leaving for $3m - only bc the chances of him leaving after 2 yrs was 100%. If he leaves after 1 for an astronomical sum like $3m/yr I get it.

What I AM freaked about is how many of our promising FR players is he gonna bring with him? Cam Lenhardt, Princewill, Van Poppel??

Would he try to bring a staffer like Knighton with him? That would be an absolute gut punch.

Losing White by himself - bad. But unfortunately we knew was coming. If this shakes up our D staff and/or FR stud prospects, that's gonna be a hard pill to swallow.

One thing that I take a bit of solace in is IIRC White brought ZERO with him from Syracuse. Not a single player. Not a single position coach. Not a single analyst. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). So maybe he has a thing where he doesn't like disrupting his former team when he leaves. Would be admirable if true.

panther07

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
One thing that I take a bit of solace in is IIRC White brought ZERO with him from Syracuse. Not a single player. Not a single position coach. Not a single analyst. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). So maybe he has a thing where he doesn't like disrupting his former team when he leaves. Would be admirable if true.
The only ones White brought with him are the analysts: Bringuel, McGarry, & Potenza.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The only ones White brought with him are the analysts: Bringuel, McGarry, & Potenza.

Thank you

That's odd to me that not a single defensive player at Syracuse made his way over here.

Also interesting that Rhule 100% put the defensive coaching staff together himself. All the position coaches are "Rhule guys/OOU", not TW guys.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
TW deserves the majority of the credit for defensive improvements, but it wasn’t all him. Rhule is right when he says everywhere he goes they’ve had good defense, so it stands to reason they’d have improved no matter who the DC was. Rhule’s history of good defense may factor into how high he goes to retain TW.

(An aside: Historically, I’m curious if he’s always paid his OC more than his DC?)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds