Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Carter Nelson visiting Notre Dame right now (UPDATE IN OP) (3 Viewers)

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
R.e6294f6ac6f3e71c7a086c84e491cb56

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
no its not.

if a kid doesnt commit to a school until he’s ready, theres a high chance the school he’s leaning towards, will pull his scholarship. its smart to commit early and guarantee a spot to the school youre leaning towards.
I think a better comparison, not that I would have any idea about all this, would be the show Bachelor in Paradise. You see, according to my wife, you’ve got a group of guys and group of girls on this beach and the goal is to stick around until the end at which point you get engaged someone. Now the trick is that there are an unequal number of men and women, and every week a certain number of guys or girls are eliminated if they don’t receive a rose from someone of the opposite sex. How do you go about securing a rose and making sure that you get to stay on the show? Well according to my wife, the strategy is to get into a relationship with someone as soon as necessary while also continuing to look for the person you truly want to be with. Every week they bring new people to the beach, so even though you’ve been dating some girl for four weeks, your dream girl might be about to walk down the stairs. But most importantly, you’ve got to make sure you’ve got a spot (rose) somewhere to at least stay on the show.

At least that’s what my wife tells me. I’ve never watched that show obviously.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Recruits have fantastic night at Notre Dame as Irish knock off USC​

Marcus Freeman and his staff score a rivalry win in front of a star-studded group of prospects.​

Steve WiltfongSTEVE WILTFONG9 hrsVIP15

No. 21 Notre Dame got back on track on Saturday night with an emphatic 48-20 victory over previously undefeated and 10th-ranked USC. It was the type of environment in South Bend not many programs can match.

The Irish picked off the reigning Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams three times handing the Trojans their fifth consecutive loss inside Notre Dame Stadium. The defense was stifling, led by Xavier Watts who had two of those interceptions and also had a scoop and score fumble recovery. The home team racked up 11 tackles for loss and the crowd was suffocating for four quarters.

Head coach Marcus Freeman and the Notre Dame staff have 247Sports No. 8 recruiting class in the 2024 cycle and hosted one of their top remaining targets in Ainsworth (Neb.) High Top247 tight end Carter Nelson for this one.

Nelson took his official to South Bend in June and wanted to get back for a game. He was surrounded by several members of the Irish class at this game.

"The atmosphere for the game was the most electric game I have ever attended," Nelson's father Jake said. "As a long-time fan of everything football, that was an experience I will never forget. The ND/USC game is something every football fan should experience at least once."

Nelson gave Nebraska a verbal in June. The Irish will keep trying to change his mind.

"Carter remains committed to Nebraska and Notre Dame is one of several teams that are still actively recruiting him," the elder Nelson said.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think a better comparison, not that I would have any idea about all this, would be the show Bachelor in Paradise. You see, according to my wife, you’ve got a group of guys and group of girls on this beach and the goal is to stick around until the end at which point you get engaged someone. Now the trick is that there are an unequal number of men and women, and every week a certain number of guys or girls are eliminated if they don’t receive a rose from someone of the opposite sex. How do you go about securing a rose and making sure that you get to stay on the show? Well according to my wife, the strategy is to get into a relationship with someone as soon as necessary while also continuing to look for the person you truly want to be with. Every week they bring new people to the beach, so even though you’ve been dating some girl for four weeks, your dream girl might be about to walk down the stairs. But most importantly, you’ve got to make sure you’ve got a spot (rose) somewhere to at least stay on the show.

At least that’s what my wife tells me. I’ve never watched that show obviously.
Your wife provides a very compelling breakdown of the strategy in a show that, like you, I have certainly never watched with my wife who watches it

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Yet he’s back on the message board talking shit. Fair game IMO
Can’t help but admire the man’s work. He’s had some funny shit over the years.

I mean you could go after him, but you’d be giving him exactly what he wants. On second thought, maybe people should bite on it.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can’t help but admire the man’s work. He’s had some funny shit over the years.

I mean you could go after him, but you’d be giving him exactly what he wants. On second thought, maybe people should bite on it.
He’s a good dude. Doesn’t take the boards seriously unlike the people he riles up.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds