Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CFPA supports “Collective Bargaining Model without Employment” (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I’ll be honest, I had no idea a College Football Players Association even existed.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
So, they want to be "a little bit pregnant". Good luck.
OK, so I wasn't the only one that thought this was (or could be) a slippery slope. I guess if it gets completely classified by the government as a new model there will be rules, laws, and infrastructure to follow. Which means we're probably just accustomed to how it's been.

Makes me wonder when other organizations, companies or employees will think this is a good idea for mainstream businesses and non-profits. And maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing, but how the world works is to chase the trends.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
OK, so I wasn't the only one that thought this was (or could be) a slippery slope. I guess if it gets completely classified by the government as a new model there will be rules, laws, and infrastructure to follow. Which means we're probably just accustomed to how it's been.

Makes me wonder when other organizations, companies or employees will think this is a good idea for mainstream businesses and non-profits. And maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing, but how the world works is to chase the trends.
Agreed. At this point, the NCAA is utterly useless, and I cannot see any major revenue sharing/distribution revisions to the sport without Congressional oversight. Without it, the not-for-profit status of the University is in jeopardy.

It seems like the CFBPA is attempting to retain amateur status (a bygone notion) while wanting a percent of the gate revenue, and at the same time trying to stop short of University employee status. That's a tricky needle to thread, IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds