Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Chief Borders enters portal (2 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
If what Cornicator says is true then Rhule has to just let him go and say good luck to ya. Otherwise every back up on the team will be in a line outside his office door asking for more money.

I find it hard to believe that a backup who hasn't done anything besides raise his effort level in spring expects a big boost of NIL cash. Especially if he is already making plenty, which I also find hard to believe. Does he think bu going into the portal that Rhule will cave? I don't see that working.

If he was making a bundle then he wouldn't be hard to replace if we had to because by leaving he just freed up some cash.

It won't be long until we forget that guy even was a Husker.

Next.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If what Cornicator says is true then Rhule has to just let him go and say good luck to ya. Otherwise every back up on the team will be in a line outside his office door asking for more money.

I find it hard to believe that a backup who hasn't done anything besides raise his effort level in spring expects a big boost of NIL cash. Especially if he is already making plenty, which I also find hard to believe. Does he think bu going into the portal that Rhule will cave? I don't see that working.

If he was making a bundle then he wouldn't be hard to replace if we had to because by leaving he just freed up some cash.

It won't be long until we forget that guy even was a Husker.

Next.
This is not just because I like giving Cornicator shit when he's hilariously wrong, but I do wonder if the story really isn't that salacious and it's just a matter of rhule being honest with him about where he sits on the depth chart and him not liking it.

NorthWillRiseAgain

Defensive Lineman
Is it really a “major” hit to lose a guy who hasn’t really contributed much at a deep position?

He’s a senior that’s just depth. Honestly we probably asked him to because he brings nothing besides this season compared to keeping some underclassmen that are developing.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s a senior that’s just depth. Honestly we probably asked him to because he brings nothing besides this season compared to keeping some underclassmen that are developing.
junior this fall

bmorgan316

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
If this is true, we are doing NIL all wrong. Why would you pay players who can be replaced by anyone? Pay the dudes who are actual difference makers.
I think part of the approach is the goal of being very developmental as a program. We aren't going to be able to draw difference makers at the same level as some programs out there with NIL alone, and won't be able to keep them all each year if money is the only driver. I think Rhule wants to be a guy that develops guys and they work their way onto the field eventually (a strategy that I personally think fits our situation the best). A good way to do this is to keep the young kids that are down on the depth charts happy, and giving them a solid NIL situation helps mightily in that regard. It's probably why we haven't seen the portal turnover this off-season that most teams have. We'll likely see more in the next couple days, but for the most part it seems to be working at keeping guys here to be developed.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
If they truly trotted out 1s vs 1s for the first series, he did not start. Sherman started there.

First LB group out was Sherman at Jack and Shavers and Gbayor in the middle.
The book on Sherman is he’s struggling with where he’s a fit. Not really proving himself at DE, Jack, or LB. He’s not able to cover much of anything which is required for jack and Lb. And he’s not able to hold up against an OT.

Borders was our starter at Jack. Sherman came out with the reds as jack, but I think that’s more to do with Borders recent attitude. Not only was he upset about the money but he was noticeably absent from a lot of team community outings. He has definitely made a business decision to leave and get more money.

Again, this isn’t someone we wanted to lose, but I will add since people are extending that statement into more than I intended… it’s not going to be a big needle mover in the end.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
The book on Sherman is he’s struggling with where he’s a fit. Not really proving himself at DE, Jack, or LB. He’s not able to cover much of anything which is required for jack and Lb. And he’s not able to hold up against an OT.

Borders was our starter at Jack. Sherman came out with the reds as jack, but I think that’s more to do with Borders recent attitude. Not only was he upset about the money but he was noticeably absent from a lot of team community outings. He has definitely made a business decision to leave and get more money.

Again, this isn’t someone we wanted to lose, but I will add since people are extending that statement into more than I intended… it’s not going to be a big needle mover in the end.
I think regardless it won't matter cause once Princewell is back, that would relegate everyone else to the bench anyway.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Peace Out Reaction GIF

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s also listed as an LB…
They've had no apparent rhyme or reason for what they list the jacks at. McGahee and Dude are the only two straight up listed as jacks. Everyone else is either LB or DL.

Regardless, I was trying to throw out an olive branch in this convo with Princewill trumping us both. Work with me here.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I don't mean for this to have a negative connotation because he seems like a great guy, but judging from his early days on campus I think he has a lot of interest in being a face of a team, a fun social media/online personality, etc. He was popping up a bunch in promo pics and funny tiktok videos and stuff right when he got here, but then obviously it didn't work out on the field so that stuff slowed down.

I doubt he got some kind of huge NIL deal from another team or something, but it's possible his opportunities at NU didn't pan out how he wanted and he'd rather give it another shot somewhere else where he has a better shot at making a big splash on and off the field.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This is not just because I like giving Cornicator shit when he's hilariously wrong, but I do wonder if the story really isn't that salacious and it's just a matter of rhule being honest with him about where he sits on the depth chart and him not liking it.
you say when as if he is ever right

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I feel like it’s more believable Rhule knew he was going to transfer and likes the kid so he hyped him up so he got more interest in the portal.
I don't see Rhule doing this.

They had Borders out there as one of the players speaking to the media pretty recently. I don't see Rhule lying to the media just to 'help' a kid out who's essentially never contributed for him.

Rhule is super-sensitive to this media stuff. He was offended bc our local media accused him of sandbagging (when he said he didn't remember if it was Dylan who led a 99-yd TD drive in practice). There's no way he would lie about Borders to this same media just to help Chief get a better portal landing spot. No chance of this.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds