Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Chief Borders enters portal (3 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why assume he's lying? What was the lie? Maybe he knew Borders wanted to move on and he was happy to help him.
Yeah I'm listening to the Dean & Sip show right now and they think that's what Rhule was likely doing. They said the exit interview went great with Borders and they Borders told them he wanted to be at a program in a bigger city because that aligned with his post-graduation business plans (he's not expecting to be an NFL player I guess).

So I was wrong. You & others are correct. My biggest eyebrow raise wasn't necessarily Rhule's comments but the fact that Rhule put him up in the media just like 8-9 days ago. I thought that is usually a risk and something you never do with a player who you know is hitting the transfer portal in a few days (too much of a risk for what they might say). But Borders apparently is beloved and trusted by all the coaches so they did it anyway.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I'm listening to the Dean & Sip show right now and they think that's what Rhule was likely doing. They said the exit interview went great with Borders and they Borders told them he wanted to be at a program in a bigger city because that aligned with his post-graduation business plans (he's not expecting to be an NFL player I guess).

So I was wrong. You & others are correct. My biggest eyebrow raise wasn't necessarily Rhule's comments but the fact that Rhule put him up in the media just like 8-9 days ago. I thought that is usually a risk and something you never do with a player who you know is hitting the transfer portal in a few days (too much of a risk for what they might say). But Borders apparently is beloved and trusted by all the coaches so they did it anyway.
He really does seem like a good guy. Hopefully he does well with whatever is next football and career-wise.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

I think DB alluded to former players “spreading the good word” about Nebraska by treating players well even when they transfer.

That goodwill can spread with former players heading to new programs. Obviously you don’t want to see good players leave but Rhule has always stated that these guys are his players for life even if they do. I think it’s a smart move (and simply a good thing) especially if a departure is inevitable and it’s the right type of guy.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think DB alluded to former players “spreading the good word” about Nebraska by treating players well even when they transfer.

That goodwill can spread with former players heading to new programs. Obviously you don’t want to see good players leave but Rhule has always stated that these guys are his players for life even if they do. I think it’s a smart move (and simply a good thing) especially if a departure is inevitable and it’s the right type of guy.
Yeah I've never in my life heard of a head coach picking a player for media availability when he knew said player was transferring out voluntarily in 10 days' time. That kind of thing is just not done. Coach Prime would never do this lol.

Rhule definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. In a good way.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds