Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

**Complete Listing of Nebraska H.S. Football Games for Week #0 & Preseason Rankings** (1 Viewer)

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
The season is back upon us with games beginning this week for a few teams. Everyone else gets after it next week.

Friday - August 20

CLASS A

Lincoln North Star (0-0) at Hastings (B) (0-0)

CLASS B
Lincoln North Star (A) (0-0) at Hastings (0-0)

CLASS C1
Schuyler (0-0) at Sandy Creek (C2) (0-0)

CLASS C2
Schuyler (C1) (0-0) at Sandy Creek (0-0)

CLASS D1
Blue Hill (D2) (0-0) at Cross County (0-0)
Homer (D2) (0-0) at Laurel-Concord-Coleridge (0-0)

CLASS D2
Blue Hill (0-0) at Cross County (D1) (0-0)
Homer (0-0) at Laurel-Concord-Coleridge (D1) (0-0)

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
Link: Omaha World-Herald (8/16)

Link: Lincoln Journal Star (8/16)

Link: Lincoln Prep Sports (8/16)

Link: Huskerland Preps (8/16)

=================================

My composite rankings using the polls above. A first place selection in a poll is worth 10 pts, 2nd place is 9 pts, 3rd is worth 8......etc. The total points are calculated to derive a composite Top 10.

CLASS A
1. Bellevue West (4) - 40 pts
2. Omaha Westside - 34
3. Millard South - 32
4. Elkhorn South - 30
5. Lincoln Southeast - 24
6. Lincoln East - 19
7. Omaha Pickle Smoochers Prep - 16
8. Omaha Burke - 12
9. Millard West - 4
10. Kearney - 3

Contenders
Millard North - 2; Omaha North - 2; Gretna - 1; North Platte - 1

=======================================

CLASS B
1. Aurora (4) - 40 pts
2. Omaha Skutt - 33
3. Waverly - 31
4t. Bennington - 26
4t. Elkhorn - 26
6. Plattsmouth - 22
7. Norris - 16
8. Grand Island Northwest - 9
9t. Blair - 4
9t. McCook - 4

Contenders
Scottsbluff - 2; Elkhorn North - 1; Hastings - 1

CLASS C1
1. Pierce (4) - 40 pts
2. Adams Central - 33
3t. Ashland-Greenwood - 29
3t. Wahoo - 29
5. St. Paul - 24
6. Kearney Catholic - 20
7. Columbus Lakeview - 17
8t. Central City - 6
8t. Lincoln Christian - 6
10t. Auburn - 5
10t. Wayne - 5

Contenders
Battle Creek - 4; Gothenburg - 2

CLASS C2
1. Fremont Bergan (4) - 40 pts
2. Ord - 32
3t. David City Aquinas - 31
3t. Oakland-Craig - 31
5. Norfolk Catholic - 24
6. Yutan - 22
7t. Hartington Cedar Catholic - 12
7t. Sutton - 12
9. Wilber-Clatonia - 9
10t. Crofton - 3
10t. North Platte St. Patrick's - 3

Contenders
Centennial - 1

CLASS D1
1. Burwell (3) - 39 pts
2. Dundy County-Stratton (1) - 35
3. Cross County - 34
4. Howells-Dodge - 24
5. Nebraska City Lourdes - 23
6t. Neligh-Oakdale - 18
6t. Tri County - 18
8. Stanton - 15
9. Laurel-Concord-Coleridge - 7
10. Lutheran High Northeast - 4

Contenders
Arcadia/Loup City - 1; Clarkson/Leigh - 1; Weeping Water - 1

CLASS D2
1t. Falls City Sacred Heart (2) - 36 pts
1t. Sandhills/Thedford (1) - 36 pts
3. Kenesaw (1) - 32
4. Bruning-Davenport/Shickley - 30
5. Humphrey St. Francis - 23
6. O'Neill St. Mary's - 20
7. Central Valley - 19
8. Osceola - 9
9. Loomis - 5
10. Pleasanton - 4

Contenders
Mullen - 3; Allen - 1; Medicine Valley - 1; Wynot - 1

CLASS D6
1. Cody-Kilgore (2) - 38 pts
2. Sterling (2) - 37.5
3. Potter-Dix - 31
4. McCool Junction - 26.5
5. Red Cloud - 21
6. Spalding Academy - 20
7. Arthur County - 18
8. Franklin - 11
9. Creek Valley - 9
10. Sumner-Eddyville-Miller - 5

Contenders
Pawnee City - 2; Stuart - 1

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is it too early in the season to start hating on the Parochial schools and their endless 'crootin' shenanigans? Because I feel like that's gonna happen anyway, so let's get it on.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I'm gonna cheer for these sonsabitches forever. Not only is Cody a "town too tough to die", but their press box is a school bus on stilts, the apex of Western Nebraska greatness.

View attachment 4364

NO SWIM TRIALS HERE
dm_151109_photo_essay_ckhs_6man_football26.jpg

PS: my uncle was the driver (and janitor) for Cody Kilgore for like 25 years, it was an honor for him to have the old bus turned into such a prestigious shrine. I might pop open a bottle of Boss Cow wine in memory of the bus.

Last edited:

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
In Alaska they made the private schools bump up a class.

Nebraska should do this

its total bullshit, 100% of the student population is rich kids and NONE of them are special needs

public schools average 10-30% poor kids and the special needs kids count toward the student population total for class size

PUBLIC SCHOOL FOR LIFE

1200x0.jpg

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nebraska should do this

its total bullshit, 100% of the student population is rich kids and NONE of them are special needs

public schools average 10-30% poor kids and the special needs kids count toward the student population total for class size

PUBLIC SCHOOL FOR LIFE

1200x0.jpg
It was really because one girls’ team was blowing out teams by 100 and playing their starters for most of the game. They started to suit up only 8 so they could say they had no choice. It got to be a real mess because they’ve been the best team in the state, in all classes, for the past couple years.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
It was really because one girls’ team was blowing out teams by 100 and playing their starters for most of the game. They started to suit up only 8 so they could say they had no choice. It got to be a real mess because they’ve been the best team in the state, in all classes, for the past couple years.

sounds like the reverse of the problem states like South Dakota have with the mennonites, cuz they go to public school but aren't allowed (by their family) to play sports

so they are in South Dakota's 2nd highest class size but suit like 40% of the amount of players as other schools without huge mennonite populations

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Same here but a decent time after 2004, did you see they finally made the football field behind the baseball & softball field all turf?
No, but I’m jealous. I coached legion ball there as recently as 2009 but they still hadn’t changed much at that point.

Isn’t East one of the biggest schools in Lincoln now by enrollment? That’s just crazy to me because we were smaller than all of them other than LSW and North Star (which both opened when I started high school).

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
In Alaska they made the private schools bump up a class.
I remember talking to the Bennington Superintendent about this a few years back. Terry said there was some "traction" gathering steam within the NSAA to add a 'multiplier' to their enrollment (e.g. 35% or 40% more students on paper). It would have the net effect of taking schools like Skutt - who purposely limits their enrollment to remain within the Class B size band - to a Class A school.

The discussion that was taking place at the time was the % increase in enrollment as it compared to the student size per class "band" that relegates each school to a "class" for athletic competition. IIRC, the one-sized fits all approach worked better in the larger schools, and didn't work very well at all for the smaller "classes". If it couldn't be applied consistently, then it simply looked "punitive" in nature (e.g. "HEY SKUTT, SOME OTHER SCHOOLS WOULD LIKE TO WIN CLASS B WRASSLIN' FROM TIME TO TIME").

It's fairly complex, and most folks can see that in its current form, some kind of changes are needed to level the playing field. But how to apply that fairly? Well, it's easier to chirp from the cheap seats than it is to find a uniform method of evening things out.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Same here but a decent time after 2004, did you see they finally made the football field behind the baseball & softball field all turf?

No, but I’m jealous. I coached legion ball there as recently as 2009 but they still hadn’t changed much at that point.

Isn’t East one of the biggest schools in Lincoln now by enrollment? That’s just crazy to me because we were smaller than all of them other than LSW and North Star (which both opened when I started high school).

Always had fun partying with Lincoln East grads when I was in undergrad.

you might suck at football but at least you’re good guys

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I remember talking to the Bennington Superintendent about this a few years back. Terry said there was some "traction" gathering steam within the NSAA to add a 'multiplier' to their enrollment (e.g. 35% or 40% more students on paper). It would have the net effect of taking schools like Skutt - who purposely limits their enrollment to remain within the Class B size band - to a Class A school.

The discussion that was taking place at the time was the % increase in enrollment as it compared to the student size per class "band" that relegates each school to a "class" for athletic competition. IIRC, the one-sized fits all approach worked better in the larger schools, and didn't work very well at all for the smaller "classes". If it couldn't be applied consistently, then it simply looked "punitive" in nature (e.g. "HEY SKUTT, SOME OTHER SCHOOLS WOULD LIKE TO WIN CLASS B WRASSLIN' FROM TIME TO TIME").

It's fairly complex, and most folks can see that in its current form, some kind of changes are needed to level the playing field. But how to apply that fairly? Well, it's easier to chirp from the cheap seats than it is to find a uniform method of evening things out.

Falls City Sacred Heart would win every state title in D2 but the second they played a D1 school they got murdered.

God damn I loved when HTRS killed them @Link-

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG

Yeah they hadn't changed much until some doctor parents donated for a main gym renovation maybe 7 years ago now.

East is getting a ton of new students, I'm not sure how they are handling it. When I was a freshman it was maybe 1500 students, my niece goes there now and said they told them at the recent orientation it's about 2300.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds