Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

From RSS: giving up dogs case (1 Viewer)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
So if you haven’t seen RSS lately, the most entertaining thread has been a situation about a guy giving up his 2 1/2 year old lab because it’s having issues being good aggression towards a new puppy.

The lab never had any issues before, but they recently got this new Yorkie/Chihuahua mix puppy in their house. After two incidents where the lab attacked the puppy, the guy is giving up his lab to keep the puppy in the family.

So the question is, what would you do? Keep the lab? Keep the puppy? Keep both and try to train them? Get rid of the family and puppy and keep the lab?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
So if you haven’t seen RSS lately, the most entertaining thread has been a situation about a guy giving up his 2 1/2 year old lab because it’s having issues being good aggression towards a new puppy.

The lab never had any issues before, but they recently got this new Yorkie/Chihuahua mix puppy in their house. After two incidents where the lab attacked the puppy, the guy is giving up his lab to keep the puppy in the family.

So the question is, what would you do? Keep the lab? Keep the puppy? Keep both and try to train them? Get rid of the family and puppy and keep the lab?
I wouldn't buy a furry rat and stick with a dog. Sounds like the guy is a cuck

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Looks like a lab
Momma was a golden retriever.... She was bred to another golden retriever, they brought her home, the neighbors black lab got in the kennel and now I have a black lab.

Guy I bought him from was a good friend. Apparently the hybrid between the two was more valuable than the pure bred goldens they were selling.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I didn't feel like piling on the guy, because he was already getting it right good (you can always count on RSS for it with subject), but he seemed to imply pretty strongly that his first choice was either to keep both or get rid of the puppy but his wife and kids sided with the puppy. Man, that's a hard fucking situation to be in where you lack sufficient status in your household to lay down the law there.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My wife is allergic to dogs that shed. I have an almost 9 year old white/yellow lab. Great guy, super calm and easy to take care of. Been married now going on 4 years. When she first moved in, the dog hair was a MASSIVE deal. Several times she frustratingly told me I may have to do something with my dog cause she "can't live like this". Ironically enough, she went with me to pick him up the day I got him and brought him home, so he wasn't new to her at all. I told her to pound sand and if he was gone then so was I. That was the end of that. She now has a 2 year old mini golden doodle that she thinks she's hard shit because she has some energy that my old guy doesn't have anymore. Tries to pick fights until he loses his temper on her. He's about 105 lbs and she's about 50. Gets her on her back in seconds when he wants to and she spazzes out. I tell the wife I don't feel bad for her because she causes it.

We make it work. He puts up wither her most of the time.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
The way that guy was acting I'm starting to think the toy pet rat was his choice for a dog. If it's me, of course, I'd feel bad for the wife and kids, but there are shelters everywhere and that stimulus would go a long way towards rent for them.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds