Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Frost never called Khalil and Carlos Davis to congratulate them on getting drafted (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
It was early on
Ya because I know Urban was pretty impressed with Frost that first go around.

I don't think anything has changed, but I also think a lot (not all) of our problems have been from gutting the program and rebuilding it.

I think there was some major learning experiences that Frost needed to go through to be better. Now is he actually better? I don't know. Needs to clean up play, develop an offensive identity and special teams need to be at top half of the B1G.

There really isn't an excuse now. I don't want to hear a fucking word about the schedule. You need to maximize the team and let the chips fall.

End of my rant

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Freedom Akinmoladun probably isn't concerned if Frost didn't congratulate him on becoming an UDFA, I get he wasn't drafted and that is a big deal, but if the Davis' are going to sour grapes their asses back to KC and spoil DONU's efforts to recruit kids from there. I'll believe it when I see it.

I understand about bridge burning, I also understand our head coach is an egomaniac, but in life sometimes you just don't give a fuck, both parties. I'm sure the Davis' are over their head football coach not calling to tell them what an awesome thing it is to be drafted into the NFL (they have millions of reasons). If they aren't, that's on them. DONU will still recruit, Davis' will still play football, and if they never talk to each other again I'm sure they'll both be okay.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Freedom Akinmoladun probably isn't concerned if Frost didn't congratulate him on becoming an UDFA, I get he wasn't drafted and that is a big deal, but if the Davis' are going to sour grapes their asses back to KC and spoil DONU's efforts to recruit kids from there. I'll believe it when I see it.

I understand about bridge burning, I also understand our head coach is an egomaniac, but in life sometimes you just don't give a fuck, both parties. I'm sure the Davis' are over their head football coach not calling to tell them what an awesome thing it is to be drafted into the NFL (they have millions of reasons). If they aren't, that's on them. DONU will still recruit, Davis' will still play football, and if they never talk to each other again I'm sure they'll both be okay.
It’s honestly really probably that simple probably. Both parties really just don’t give a shit about the other at the end of the day

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Ya because I know Urban was pretty impressed with Frost that first go around.

I don't think anything has changed, but I also think a lot (not all) of our problems have been from gutting the program and rebuilding it.

I think there was some major learning experiences that Frost needed to go through to be better. Now is he actually better? I don't know. Needs to clean up play, develop an offensive identity and special teams need to be at top half of the B1G.

There really isn't an excuse now. I don't want to hear a fucking word about the schedule. You need to maximize the team and let the chips fall.

End of my rant
What I think your standard fan doesn’t get. A FULL rebuild from all aspects. Not just recruit and plug and play and call plays. But, rebuild it all

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
What I think your standard fan doesn’t get. A FULL rebuild from all aspects. Not just recruit and plug and play and call plays. But, rebuild it all

For sure--there were some FSU fans for example (Bud Elliot said this a bunch) that praised how Frost came in b/c they thought he set better expectations than Taggart w/r/t a year 0 and rebuild (whereas FSU's lines are still dogshit, so there was some pretty clear work to be done there). Obviously didn't quite play out as well in the media in retrospect.

I'm just some asshole behind keyboard, but I heard a lot about how much worse our d-line would be w/o the Davis twins and that doesn't seem to be the case at all. I don't know how well they played to the scheme as opposed to freelancing.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
For sure--there were some FSU fans for example (Bud Elliot said this a bunch) that praised how Frost came in b/c they thought he set better expectations than Taggart w/r/t a year 0 and rebuild (whereas FSU's lines are still dogshit, so there was some pretty clear work to be done there). Obviously didn't quite play out as well in the media in retrospect.

I'm just some asshole behind keyboard, but I heard a lot about how much worse our d-line would be w/o the Davis twins and that doesn't seem to be the case at all. I don't know how well they played to the scheme as opposed to freelancing.
I don’t know. I guess it depends on what you think is more important between S&C and experience when it comes to that. I love both, but I lean more towards S&C than I do experience. Especially in the trenches, you can’t beat tall, wide, and strong. I’ll take a younger Ty or Nash over an older Davis twins of Mick Stoltenberg all day long simply due to size and what I know about what Husker Power can do

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I care on a psychosexual level
Nba Playoffs Reaction GIF by NBA

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
That is understandable to a degree. Frost didn’t do himself any favors by adding to the expectations from day one, so some of it is on him. He got a reality check power 5 football is a different animal than coaching at UCF.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
That is understandable to a degree. Frost didn’t do himself any favors by adding to the expectations from day one, so some of it is on him. He got a reality check power 5 football is a different animal than coaching at UCF.
Absolutely. I think a lot of fans have gotten that dose too that the big 10 is better and more respectable talent wise than maybe we’ve given it credit for. I know I’m guilty of that year in and year out with each loss. The childhood idolization of mine still comes through sometimes that some teams should just bend the knee because were Nebraska and were better than you. Not the case.

however, I do think certain people in this world thrive off of being doubted and it makes them do things they wouldn’t always do because they wanna prove a point. Not to hype up Frost but I like to think he’s that person

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
It’s a bad look for sure but per many sources, the Davis bros said the right things in front of the camera but behind the scenes were not what most would consider good teammates or healthy for the program.
Always 2 sides......🤔

Last edited:

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I wish Frost's bravado and "piss on everyone who has slighted me" mentality rubbed off the way we played. Unfortunately, it only seems to affect his interpersonal relationships.
I don't know anything about his interpersonal relationships other than the message board rumors but in general I agree. He seems like he craves being a scrappy underdog, but doesn't actually know how to BE a scrappy underdog. So far he seemed much more comfortable taking talent and turning it into a juggernaut at UCF than taking an underdog and building it into respectability at NU. It was a tough job to walk into, no doubt about that, but he still faceplanted pretty hard.

I didn't have unrealistic expectations at all but I DEFINITELY figured he would have had us back into winning seasons by year 2 at the latest. Time to learn some lessons from the failures and move forward. He's still young and I still think he has a super high ceiling as a coach, but he completely drowned in all the pressure/context of Scott Frost Returning To Save Nebraska. I'm hopeful he can shake off the cobwebs and get it going, but I'm not going to be able to stay hopeful for much longer without actually seeing it.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds