Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Frost Team Updates, Injuries, Etc... (2 Viewers)

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Need to have an offense that is built in a way that isn't so high and low on QB running.

Unfortunately you can't do that with a bad OL.

There isn't a reason why we couldn't win a game vs Minnesota with our defense, special teams and running the ball with the RB.
This has been the problem with the offense since 2019. Our most effective runner is AM2 and it's been that way for 3 seasons. Part of that is Adrian is a great athlete, but the other piece is we generally get our most favorable blocking matchups on the QB run game. I continue to come back to bad OL play. We suck at combos and have for three seasons.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
My guess is they thought a 70% Martinez(or however healthy he was) gave them a better shot at winning than a 100% Smothers.

Damon said the other day that Martinez didn't practice till Thursday and heard elsewhere he was in a boot.
I assume that’s what their thought process was as well. That conclusion is exactly what I and probably many are questioning

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I assume that’s what their thought process was as well. That conclusion is exactly what I and probably many are questioning
Frost would be better off saying he’s injured during the week to make DCs prepare for more than just a QB spy, backup QB and the possibility of Amart playing.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
This has been the problem with the offense since 2019. Our most effective runner is AM2 and it's been that way for 3 seasons. Part of that is Adrian is a great athlete, but the other piece is we generally get our most favorable blocking matchups on the QB run game. I continue to come back to bad OL play. We suck at combos and have for three seasons.
You need to be really good upfront or really good in the passing game to run the ball without QB run game.

HCMR created a void in offensive talent through his lack of recruiting. You couple that with a couple of misses at WR, RB and here we are today.

The skill talent is starting to come through, but we suck an elephant dick upfront. That coupled with Austin being tone Def to his talent is the reason why I'm out on him 100%.

Last edited:

Strongarm517

Defensive Lineman
We stopped the other team and then had chances on offense to go win it. So we need guys to be at their best in those situations – Adrian (Martinez) included."

Was that possibly a hint towards holding Martinez accountable for something???

With this phenomenal forward step in coaching we’re sure to win out.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds