Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

GBRewind 5 (1 Viewer)

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Man, this was one he'll of an emotional speech and has me in years now. My wife and I were just told yesterday morning that she has breast cancer. They performed 2 biopsies yesterday and hopefully on Friday, we'll know which type and which stage. We spent the day driving around to tell our folks and our kids in person and by the end of the day, we were so exhausted from the range of emotions we were constantly experiencing. It absolutely sucks, as I just want to take it all on for my wife, but I know that I can't. It's the most helpless feeling in the world to have her break down, saying that she doesn't want to die. I know that we're in for the battle of our lives, but hopeful that things were caught early and that we'll be successful in our fight against this. Just a constant reminder that tomorrow is never a given. Hug your loved ones boys...
I know we’ve butted heads from time to time but my thoughts are with you and your wife, brother. I hope for peace and health for both of you.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I know we’ve butted heads from time to time but my thoughts are with you and your wife, brother. I hope for peace and health for both of you.

I appreciate that. One of the things that I love about these types of communities. You can banter back and forth via keyboard, but at the end of the day, everyone here except for Jim is a quality human being...

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Man, this was one he'll of an emotional speech and has me in years now. My wife and I were just told yesterday morning that she has breast cancer. They performed 2 biopsies yesterday and hopefully on Friday, we'll know which type and which stage. We spent the day driving around to tell our folks and our kids in person and by the end of the day, we were so exhausted from the range of emotions we were constantly experiencing. It absolutely sucks, as I just want to take it all on for my wife, but I know that I can't. It's the most helpless feeling in the world to have her break down, saying that she doesn't want to die. I know that we're in for the battle of our lives, but hopeful that things were caught early and that we'll be successful in our fight against this. Just a constant reminder that tomorrow is never a given. Hug your loved ones boys...
Very sorry you both have to go through this. Went through it with my wife. You are right, nothing you can do but be there for her emotionally, and then be there to help do the things for her that she may not be able to do at times.
I won’t give advice for what you can do for her, as you know her best, but I do give advice to people in your position. It’s a lot to go through for you as well, so prepare yourself. DM if you ever need to, and best wishes and prayers to her and your whole family.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Prayers for your wife to beat this and for all of your family @jaihawk

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
except for Jim
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
My daughter is a radiation therapist, and as others have noted in this thread, treatments and cures have come a long way in a relatively short time. That said, cancer sucks and I join the multitudes of tPB'ers who are lifting you and your wife up in our prayers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds