Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Going to the Kentucky Derby (1 Viewer)

Huskers4420

Linebacker
Are the drinks reasonably priced or do they jack them up?

They're terrible. And that was in 2018. Was $10 for each mixed drink in a very small cup. Like the poster said above, would recommend trying to get a flask in if you can.

Also, would recommend bringing a poncho if it's looking like it's gonna rain. 2018 still stands as the most rained on Kentucky Derby in its history, and of course I was in the infield for the entire thing.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
- Bring cash, don't rely on the ATMs. Had two buddies get their cards flagged. ATMs were sketchy
- If it's supposed to rain the infield is a warzone. Otherwise it's just packed
- Lines for drinks and bets last year were insane. We spent 30 minutes in each line. Be strategic about getting in your bets because we missed a couple races.
- Bring two packs of smokes apiece. Hot women are everywhere and they are all about drunk cigs
- Get up early and get there early. Every minute is worth it

We hired a driver for after which came out to like $25/guy but the uber scene afterwards was the worst Ive ever seen in my life. Totally worth it.

Rise to Power

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
tPB OG
Been twice - there is a major difference in terms of crowd and experience between the grandstand and the infield. The infield is much more like a spring break atmosphere. Definitely try to sneak in a flask or bottle but you will be amazed by how many get confiscated at the gate. Heard about a guy going weeks in advance and burying a bunch of booze in the infield for race day.

Don’t expect to catch much of the race action from the infield and you likely will only see the Derby live from the video boards.

Overall it’s a blast though - enjoy!!

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
That’s what I’ve read. Pretty much impossible to see the actual race from the infield right?
Yeah you can’t see shit. You could go down under the track and go over to the paddock area where the horses come out. It’s super cool and covered.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member

just act as close as you can to this and you'll be good. I'm assuming the bachelor party is you and 15 of your black friends?

Jack Harlow makes terrible terrible terrible barf music. I can’t even call it music.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds