Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Irons (1 Viewer)

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
i've used arccos for over 2 years now and i love it. i have the sensors that screw into the grips, but next time i regrip my clubs i am getting the built in models.

the insights it gives you on your true distance on every club is the most valuable for me. like most golfers, i thought i hit it further than i actually do because i used to calculate by "if i hit this 7 iron exactly perfect, i can hit it this far.." now, i have the data that shows me that on average, i hit a 7 iron an exact distance. my GIR's have went way up and when i miss a green it's by a lot less.

also, the caddie function is really solid. when you have enough data in the system it starts recommending not only what club to hit, but recommended strategy on a hole that gives you the odds of making the best score. cool stuff.

it keeps getting better and better with enhancements as well. customer support from arccos is also really solid.

hope this helps.
What? Thought these things were for hacks-How do you not know how far you hit each club?

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
What? Thought these things were for hacks-How do you not know how far you hit each club?
1) I am a hack.
2) Pre-arccos I knew how far I hit each club when I perfectly flushed it in the center of the club face. What the data has shown me is that I don’t flush it in the center of the club face every time, so it gives me the distance I should expect to hit it based on my real, on course shot data from thousands of shots on the golf course.

That help?

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
1) I am a hack.
2) Pre-arccos I knew how far I hit each club when I perfectly flushed it in the center of the club face. What the data has shown me is that I don’t flush it in the center of the club face every time, so it gives me the distance I should expect to hit it based on my real, on course shot data from thousands of shots on the golf course.

That help?
1) do you work for arccos?
2) if you hit “thousands” of shots on the course you should have a pretty good idea of how far you hit it on average.
3) no way to take into account wind, slope, altitude or lie.
4) you don’t need an arccos to know the average golfer leaves his approach shots short.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
2) if you hit “thousands” of shots on the course you should have a pretty good idea of how far you hit it on average.
4) you don’t need an arccos to know the average golfer leaves his approach shots short.
Ok, you win. Arccos for sale everyone! Arccos for sale!

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
1) I am a hack.

That help?
Sounds like you suck at golf fwiw

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
1) I am a hack.

That help?

Ok, you win. Arccos for sale everyone! Arccos for sale!
C3BA087E-63E4-45F6-B696-DCBB53E1AE04.gif
2B755C05-7060-43A6-BE22-C5C0B3DF5956.gif

#fam

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
If you could please point me in the direction of what this Adam Scott golf production is , I’d appreciate it. Seen pics and gifs from it before
It’s unreal... may take some serious patience to watch all the way through though! Adam Scott & Jon Daly - Adult Swim.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG

tenor.gif

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So you can go to the app and say 10 mph cross wind 175 yards and it will pop out 5 iron?

What does it do when I dribble a 5 wood 50 yards? Does it take that out of the equation?
Yes. It will recommend clubs based on wind and elevation.

And yes. It eliminates the outliers on the 5 wood that goes 50 yards and the 5 wood that hits the cart path twice and goes 300 yards.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds