Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hey Shit - Dicks...tell me your proposal story.... (1 Viewer)

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
Both. Do a little compare and contrast.
1st - spent about $5k on ring, fairly uneventful proposal, didn't get ring back and could have bought 3-4 more engagement rings with child support payments

2nd - no ring yet, pregnant while going through divorce w/ 1st, currently about to birth our second child together, eased into marriage as per Colorado common law

What can I say, I'm a romantic

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
1st - spent about $5k on ring, fairly uneventful proposal, didn't get ring back and could have bought 3-4 more engagement rings with child support payments

2nd - no ring yet, pregnant while going through divorce w/ 1st, currently about to birth our second child together, eased into marriage as per Colorado common law

What can I say, I'm a romantic
Is either of them in your profile pic?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nope.

Knowing what stuff to share and what stuff stays between us has helped our marriage survive 31+ years. This one's between us.

We were nekkid in bed, post-coital when I asked. I was kind of on a roll of eliciting "Oh, God ... yes!" statements from her at that point in the afternoon, so I thought I'd shoot for one more (pun intended).

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
We went to a friend's wedding in KC, then decided to take a little road trip. Went to the lake of the Ozark's over the 4th of July weekend. Proposed there and took the now wife to poundtown. Pretty simple. Married 10 years this summer, 4 kids - 8, 6, soon to be 4 year old hell child, soon to be 2 year old.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I was taking a dump, and she just walked in and started brushing her teeth. I looked at her lovingly and said, “Well, we may as well get married at this point..” she responded with, “you want a blowjob, don’t you?”

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
On a flight in the air. It was a pre-planned situation that I shared with the airline before flight. The flight attendants and customer service were all in on it.

I had to sneak the ring through security, then give a bullshit excuse to talk to customer service at the gate to say. "I'm the guy". Then when we're boarding - another bullshit excuse to use the restroom to handoff the ring to the flight attendant. My wife thought a bathroom visit was REALLY weird when we were boarding.

Then the captain announced it over the loudspeaker with our row and seat numbers. Meanwhile, the FA's brought out the ring and a bottle of champagne on a platter. She cried, then said yes. Then the whole plane clapped, hooted and hollered.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
On a flight in the air. It was a pre-planned situation that I shared with the airline before flight. The flight attendants and customer service were all in on it.

I had to sneak the ring through security, then give a bullshit excuse to talk to customer service at the gate to say. "I'm the guy". Then when we're boarding - another bullshit excuse to use the restroom to handoff the ring to the flight attendant. My wife thought a bathroom visit was REALLY weird when we were boarding.

Then the captain announced it over the loudspeaker with our row and seat numbers. Meanwhile, the FA's brought out the ring and a bottle of champagne on a platter. She cried, then said yes. Then the whole plane clapped, hooted and hollered.

Tell me you fucked her in the shitter and the story will be perfect...

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
How about her aunt's closet when we arrived in OKC?
Allow David Cross GIF

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
We were in a hot tub in Lake Havasu City AZ and had talked about getting married a few times but no official pop the question or planning. I think I said something super romantic along the lines of, “Ya know, Vegas is a quick 2 and a half hour drive. We could knock this shit out in an afternoon”..

She had already been married once and I had a kid from a previous relationship so neither of us were very into the whole marriage charade.

We got out of the hot tub about noon, married at 4:30

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We were in a hot tub in Lake Havasu City AZ and had talked about getting married a few times but no official pop the question or planning. I think I said something super romantic along the lines of, “Ya know, Vegas is a quick 2 and a half hour drive. We could knock this shit out in an afternoon”..

She had already been married once and I had a kid from a previous relationship so neither of us were very into the whole marriage charade.

We got out of the hot tub about noon, married at 4:30
my man denzel GIF

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Your boy at Laguna Beach... Went there with one of the wife's friends. Told the friend to get ready with the camera. I told the wife, "lets go get a pic out on the rocks." She said, "ok, what's going on. You hate taking pictures." The rest is rock n' roll history. View attachment 13513
The happy face / sad face avatars killed me. Well done, Brother Lee.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds