Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hey Shit - Dicks...tell me your proposal story.... (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Mine was super easy. I'm not one to make a scene or like it when others make scenes. We got back together when I was 23 and she was 22 with the mutual understanding we'd get married. She already had the ring picked out that she wanted so I just had to get what it was from my now mother in law. I got her dad's blessing. It was on her birthday and we were going to a concert, so I popped the question in her parent's living room while she was living there. Been married 5 years here in about a week and a half and have a year and a half old daughter.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Went to Punta Cana for our friend's wedding and decided to make it a 10-day vacation.

Planned a dinner on the beach, just the two of us. Then we took a walk on the beach. Popped the question there.

Funny part was my friend (girl who got married a couple days before) was the one who was taking pictures. Unfortunately, her and her husband were posted up at the restaurant about 100 yds from where we were eating so she had to keep an eye out for when we decided to take our walk. There were a few false alarms where I saw her dipping in and out behind trees trying to be incognito.

Pictures sucked but It was a great time.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Your boy at Laguna Beach... Went there with one of the wife's friends. Told the friend to get ready with the camera. I told the wife, "lets go get a pic out on the rocks." She said, "ok, what's going on. You hate taking pictures." The rest is rock n' roll history. View attachment 13513
Did you go the rest of the way up her dress after that picture?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Getting the ring overseas without losing it was stressful however.
I had plans to propose on the Golden Gate bridge but realized when I got to the airport I forgot the ring.

Got a bed and breakfast a couple weeks after we got back and decorated it with flowers and such.

We'd been together for about 7 years living together for a couple so it's not like it was a surprise anyway.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
original.jpg

I’m not even joking. My wife and I were such big nerds in undergrad we spent so much time there thats where I decided to propose.

She loved it btw, lots of memories there back when it was a shithole and not the Taj Mahal it is now.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I had plans to propose on the Golden Gate bridge but realized when I got to the airport I forgot the ring.

Got a bed and breakfast a couple weeks after we got back and decorated it with flowers and such.

We'd been together for about 7 years living together for a couple so it's not like it was a surprise anyway.
Yeah I was super careful with it all through security at each airport, then planned the proposal the same day we landed. I didn’t want to be responsible for the ring any longer than I had to be haha

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Lireral never went in during my 4 years of undergrad

Were you on City campus?

I guess depending on your major you might have never had to go there but I even had a few classes there. (Like regular classes too: History, Spanish, Russian, even had an Econ class in a Love classroom once)

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Were you on City campus?

I guess depending on your major you might have never had to go there but I even had a few classes there. (Like regular classes too: History, Spanish, Russian, even had an Econ class in a Love classroom once)

Yep. History degree (lol) never had a class in there and used online databases for the (very little) research I had to do.

Undergrad education is in a bad state iyam

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Yep. History degree (lol) never had a class in there and used online databases for the (very little) research I had to do.

Undergrad education is in a bad state iyam

Bruh I lived in the Stacks in the basement (all military, history, geopolitics, intelligence, etc. gold mine) when writing history papers.

I still have about 5-10 books I stole from Love Library back in the day just because I figured the authors would have wanted it that way. (instead of just sitting on a basement shelf collecting dust and being ignored)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I re-created most of our relationships firsts for my proposal. We went to Spikes for a drink to start the evening off (that's where we met playing sand volleyball), then to Sun Valley Lanes for another drink (first unofficial date), then to Vincenzo's for dinner (first real date). She was always saying that she didn't care about the ring, that she'd accept a proposal from me with a ring from a gumball machine. I had gotten one of those earlier in the day, so as we were walking through the courtyard to The Other Room, I proposed to her with the fake ring. She wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, so I pulled the real one out and said "maybe you'll like this one better".

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds