Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Husker baseball comes in at 14 (1 Viewer)

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
No Povich. No Hroch. No Schwelly on the backend. No Hallmark. No Roskum. No MoJo.

You’re replacing a lot of wins on the mound and a lot of run production at the plate.

Ranking this team with this many questions at 14 is stupid.
Arms are going to come around and be pretty good by mid season hitting will stay on par as last year maybe a little below with a chance of being better by end of year. The line up is going to be built around Max and Brice. Both who should be making massive strides at the plate this year

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I think people are going to be surprised by the arms by the middle of the season. We will still be a good hitting team this year. It might take a little longer for it to all jell this year but we will still be good
The incoming arms pass the eye test but with freshman it’s all mental. Some guys struggle early on, lose confidence, and then get in a slump they can’t break out of

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Arms are going to come around and be pretty good by mid season hitting will stay on par as last year maybe a little below with a chance of being better by end of year. The line up is going to be built around Max and Brice. Both who should be making massive strides at the plate this year

I’m a huge Max Anderson fan and what he did in the Cape last summer shows he’s a big league hitter. Hopefully he takes a huge step with his defense this year as that will hold him back if he doesn’t.

There’s a lot to replace. I don’t think it’s stupid to project a Will Bolt team will hit and that alone along with guys on the mound that can simply throw strikes might be enough to win you the big ten. But once you get out of there, you need a Povich to be able to take the ball game one in a regional. We don’t have that guy.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
I’m a huge Max Anderson fan and what he did in the Cape last summer shows he’s a big league hitter. Hopefully he takes a huge step with his defense this year as that will hold him back if he doesn’t.

There’s a lot to replace. I don’t think it’s stupid to project a Will Bolt team will hit and that alone along with guys on the mound that can simply throw strikes might be enough to win you the big ten. But once you get out of there, you need a Povich to be able to take the ball game one in a regional. We don’t have that guy.
I agree. I hope perry can turn into that guy but we will see. I'm not say he'd turn into a draft pick but maybe a gritty put us on his back and win us a big game guy

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member

Christo and Hood will be much better pitchers than Povich ever was for us and the scouts agree. The question is how fast can we get them there?

blackshirt98

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Saying Hood and Christo will be “much better for us” than a kid who went 6-1 on Friday nights might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read….

Will they be 7-0? 15-0? You can get excited about the potential of a couple guys who throw hard, but a kid like Christo has a long way to go to be a Friday night guy. He lost more games playing Class B baseball last spring than Povich did on Friday nights in d1.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Saying Hood and Christo will be “much better for us” than a kid who went 6-1 on Friday nights might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read….

Will they be 7-0? 15-0? You can get excited about the potential of a couple guys who throw hard, but a kid like Christo has a long way to go to be a Friday night guy. He lost more games playing Class B baseball last spring than Povich did on Friday nights in d1.
Hi Povich’s dad, talk to me in 3 years about Christo and Hood not being better than your son

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member

Tim? I’m so happy if it’s you

blackshirt98

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Hi Povich’s dad, talk to me in 3 years about Christo and Hood not being better than your son
Not Povich's dad....

But you literally just proved my point. In 3 years, let's talk about whether or not Hood or Christo are a Friday night guy that is 'Much Better than a kid who went 6-1 on Friday nights, and Nebraska went 11-4 in any game he started'. What's 'much better', 4 more wins so we'd go 15-0? 14-1? I'm just trying to get a gauge for what 'much better than he ever was' means.

The point of this thread is 2022. Nebraska won't go 11-4 on Fridays with Hood or Christo on the mound in 2022. That's all I'm saying....its fine to be excited about the potential of those kids. To knock the impact that Povich had in 2021 is stupid though.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
You’re a retard if you think my opinion on baseball has anything to do with football.

Ranking this team at 14 and projecting improvement from last year is setting yourself up to be disappointed.
Based off the trajectory of every other mens team donning the scarlet and cream, I should probably listen to you.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Based off the trajectory of every other mens team donning the scarlet and cream, I should probably listen to you.

Not sure what this even means.

If you wanna project a team that’s lose its 2,3,4 hitters and it’s Friday, Saturday, and it’s closer with no obvious replacements for them as the 14th best in the nation you’re objectively stupid.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds