Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker Online Podcast (1 Viewer)

GAHusker

Cornerback
In today’s Husker Online podcast episode, Dean said it was a good thing he didn’t report Rhule earlier because it could have derailed the hire. Lol.

benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

Cavalot

Defensive Lineman
I think his point was that Rhule was not sold on NU till late in the game and wanted things to remain quiet and behind doors. Any type of rumor mill stuff might have gave Rhule even more hesitation and potentially derailed the situation.
Remember we aren't a program that top tier coaches are necessarily knocking down doors for. We reached out the Rhule, not the other way around.

How many coaches that we know of reached out to NU for the job?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I think his point was that Rhule was not sold on NU till late in the game and wanted things to remain quiet and behind doors. Any type of rumor mill stuff might have gave Rhule even more hesitation and potentially derailed the situation.
Remember we aren't a program that top tier coaches are necessarily knocking down doors for. We reached out the Rhule, not the other way around.

That's not true at all. Rhule's people reached out to us last year when it was thought that Frost was going to be fired.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

That and the Athletic article clearly shows he was interested for quite some time. Heavily interested. He was watching recruiting videos, game films, etc......Dean's full of shit

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

At the end of last season quite a few quality coaches, including Rhule, had their agents reach about coaching the Huskers. Turd put out feelers to agents and was shocked at the number of quality coaches interested in the Huskers. I believe Turd said he interviewed 13 coaches this time.

Cavalot

Defensive Lineman
At the end of last season quite a few quality coaches, including Rhule, had their agents reach about coaching the Huskers. Turd put out feelers to agents and was shocked at the number of quality coaches interested in the Huskers. I believe Turd said he interviewed 13 coaches this time.
Do we know the names of these coaches? I'm pretty sure we reached out to Rhule didn't we?

Dear_Leader

Defensive Lineman

Dean? Is that you?

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why the fuck is anybody reading or listening to Deab? Good Lord, fellas! That’s voluntarily allowing someone to put shit in your eyes and ears.
I admit, I do find myself turning it on from time to time when I don't have any new episodes of my other podcasts. But I also often find myself skipping through it about halfway through. 247 and IN have much better Nebraska podcasts and Cover 3 is GOAT for college football.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds