Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

JDS Poking The Bear/Deab (1 Viewer)

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
They nuked that really, really quickly. Luckily, I kept a duplicate window open in case. Here's the copied text of the thread:

It's been near 24 hours since @scorcher2 started what became a huge thread relaying the Potrykus tweet that the Wisconsin game is in danger of being canceled: https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/wisky-game-gonna-get-called-off.278848/

Shortly thereafter, there were articles and analysis posted by both the OWH and LJS. @thepandatangent was on twitter offering up both information and interpretation on this huge, breaking story. Most importantly, these sources were trying to shed light on two related-but-distinct issues: 1) the factual situation in Madison, i.e., the number and timing of positive COVID-19 tests; and 2) the B1G's murky, color-coded framework and whether that made cancellation obligatory or voluntary. It's abundantly clear that readers were basically in the dark about both of these matters, and the latter has been shrouded in obscurity essentially since the return to play was announced.

In all this time, up to and including posting this thread, basically the only thing that's been said by Sean et al. has been the posting of the press release and a few boilerplate tweets about the game being canceled in addition to one response to a thread no one was really posting in about not knowing what exactly was going on. There was no meaningful discussion on the board of any of this yesterday despite the main thread raging on into the wee hours. Even on twitter, there was just a few quick retweets of what everyone had already seen. And, most disappointing, there was absolutely nothing on here attempting to set straight what the actual framework was for a cancellation. That's what this place needed, and it's what the writers here should have been capable of doing or at least explaining why they couldn't (even though McKewon was on twitter giving it his best).

Instead, Robin hasn't posted since yesterday afternoon. Other than posting the unrelated Three & Out this morning and offering some Lasik advice, Nate hasn't posted since the chat yesterday either. Sean also helpfully chimed in on Lasik, responded to @TraditionCoalition about the Dodgers, and had some thoughts on Rondale Moore, but otherwise only posted the press release-style story that adds nothing not already out there and that one, isolated reply to a thread by an OP who doesn't know Pelini has been fired.

Nice flourish on an already-large kick in the nuts.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Oooo what did yours say?!
Fuck, I've gotten lots of them. They're usually some passive-aggressive bullshit where he'll say something about knowing who you are or something along those lines, but if you don't have a personal email on file, he'll make some anonymous internet tough guy schpiel at you. I don't even know if I can get back into my old account on tater island to find some.

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
I replied. It is interesting to see people come to his defense. I’m not trying to clobber the guy but he is a goober and seems to be getting lazy or spreading his time too thin. I’ve tried to politely spell things out and using easy to understand analogies. Not sure it’s getting through.

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
They nuked that really, really quickly. Luckily, I kept a duplicate window open in case. Here's the copied text of the thread:

It's been near 24 hours since @scorcher2 started what became a huge thread relaying the Potrykus tweet that the Wisconsin game is in danger of being canceled: https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/wisky-game-gonna-get-called-off.278848/

Shortly thereafter, there were articles and analysis posted by both the OWH and LJS. @thepandatangent was on twitter offering up both information and interpretation on this huge, breaking story. Most importantly, these sources were trying to shed light on two related-but-distinct issues: 1) the factual situation in Madison, i.e., the number and timing of positive COVID-19 tests; and 2) the B1G's murky, color-coded framework and whether that made cancellation obligatory or voluntary. It's abundantly clear that readers were basically in the dark about both of these matters, and the latter has been shrouded in obscurity essentially since the return to play was announced.

In all this time, up to and including posting this thread, basically the only thing that's been said by Sean et al. has been the posting of the press release and a few boilerplate tweets about the game being canceled in addition to one response to a thread no one was really posting in about not knowing what exactly was going on. There was no meaningful discussion on the board of any of this yesterday despite the main thread raging on into the wee hours. Even on twitter, there was just a few quick retweets of what everyone had already seen. And, most disappointing, there was absolutely nothing on here attempting to set straight what the actual framework was for a cancellation. That's what this place needed, and it's what the writers here should have been capable of doing or at least explaining why they couldn't (even though McKewon was on twitter giving it his best).

Instead, Robin hasn't posted since yesterday afternoon. Other than posting the unrelated Three & Out this morning and offering some Lasik advice, Nate hasn't posted since the chat yesterday either. Sean also helpfully chimed in on Lasik, responded to @TraditionCoalition about the Dodgers, and had some thoughts on Rondale Moore, but otherwise only posted the press release-style story that adds nothing not already out there and that one, isolated reply to a thread by an OP who doesn't know Pelini has been fired.

Nice flourish on an already-large kick in the nuts.
I've been really nice to him since he messaged me and told me he knew my name, and asked me what my "end game" was with the stupid polls about HOL popularity and JFQ ribbing. It was pretty creepy. I'm going to lay low for a bit with him and only refer to him as "Sean" on there.

betsch

Safety
I've been really nice to him since he messaged me and told me he knew my name, and asked me what my "end game" was with the stupid polls about HOL popularity and JFQ ribbing. It was pretty creepy. I'm going to lay low for a bit with him and only refer to him as "Sean" on there.
Did he threaten to break your kneecaps too?

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
200.gif

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
He does take a beating, but much of it seems deserved. I do think there are couple of things going on. Its either or all of the following:
  1. He’s spreading himself too thin with events, administrative stuff, business development (maintain / grow membership), playing moderator on RSS, and then traveling to anything Husker related to ‘be at the scene’ and write about it.
  2. Poor delegator of activities...see above.
  3. Isn’t acting like the senior leader of the HOL organization, and clinging to the ‘fun’ activities like going to games and not delegating the activities that should and could be done better by other people. Reference 1 and 2.
  4. Doesn’t know how to use spell check
  5. Is a poorly trained journalist
  6. Is too cushy with athletic department and doesn’t want to offend them.
  7. Perceives himself to be cushy with athletic department and doesn’t want to offend them, but the really think he is a goober
  8. Is hiding the fact that he knows he has no relationship with the athletic department and trying to win them over by not reporting anything that might upset or surprise them.
Either way, he needs to pull his team together and go back to the drawing board. Take some constructive criticism, rewrite everyone’s assignments to leverage their strength and turn this into a learning experience. Unfortunately he doesn’t seem the type to welcome the feedback as he does come across as defensive.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
In the time since my original, nuked post, Dean has made one further post about the next location of the Purdue game, Nate made a comment about the targeting penalties carrying over, and Robin said people don't know what was wrong with Omar Manning.

That's it...

Meanwhile, we still have very important open questions relating to whether the Wisconsin game will be a no contest or forfeit due to Wisconsin voluntarily ceasing football activities and whether the UT-Chat. rumors have any legs to them.

Nothing. This is getting embarrassing.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds