Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Jeff Nixon (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
His name is being thrown out more again as a possibility for filling out Rhule's coaching staff, so let's discuss Jeff ITT.

1) As @Carm has mentioned, he seems to be moving way up the ladder in the NFL. Do we think his connection to Rhule is enough to pull him back to CFB?

2) IF he would be interested in returning, it wouldn't be simply as WR coach. What kind of titles do you think we'd be adding for him? Triple threat of AHC/Co-OC/WR coach?

3) How would we feel about him coaching WRs? He's much more of a RB coach by trade, only coaching WRs one year in his career in 2006 at Temple when he ALSO coached RBs.

Overall, I think he'd be a great addition to the staff but was curious to hear others' thoughts on him.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He'd have to have something really good to burnish his resume in order to entice him to back. I can't see what we could offer him, frankly. He is already Assistant HC - Offense for the Panthers.

He's already been a college Co-OC (at Baylor) and he actually called plays in the NFL as an interim OC for 5 or so weeks last year.

I wonder how enticing it would be to WR recruits to have a near-novice WR coach as well.

I guess I don't see him coming back unless he has changed his mind about the NFL over college or unless he sees no chance to get to HC in the NFL. He really needs a fulltime NFL OC position.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
He'd have to have something really good to burnish his resume in order to entice him to back. I can't see what we could offer him, frankly. He is already Assistant HC - Offense for the Panthers.

He's already been a college Co-OC (at Baylor) and he actually called plays in the NFL as an interim OC for 5 or so weeks last year.

I wonder how enticing it would be to WR recruits to have a near-novice WR coach as well.

I guess I don't see him coming back unless he has changed his mind about the NFL over college or unless he sees no chance to get to HC in the NFL. He really needs a fulltime NFL OC position.
This is my feeling as well.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds