Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lars: Matt Campbell is Turd's #1 target (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
This is going to be an even LOOOONGGGGERRR season if we are debating coaches all season long :(
Yeah I can't really bring myself to care too much yet. It's not like we're going to hire Campbell tomorrow, a TON will depend on how these coaches do during the rest of the season. If he goes 10-2 or something, great! Bring him in! If he goes 6-6, he most likely won't even be in the discussion anymore. I'm gonna try not to think too much about the search and just enjoy this weird season of having zero stakes haha.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yeah I can't really bring myself to care too much yet. It's not like we're going to hire Campbell tomorrow, a TON will depend on how these coaches do during the rest of the season. If he goes 10-2 or something, great! Bring him in! If he goes 6-6, he most likely won't even be in the discussion anymore. I'm gonna try not to think too much about the search and just enjoy this weird season of having zero stakes haha.
Yep me too. Just bet OU -11.5 which was crazy low to me. Zero fucks given about the rest of this year. Nebraska is completely starting over

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Does someone in this thread actually know Matt Campbell's wife? Or were they just relaying something that they heard?

If a TPB was in the room when Mrs Campbel laughed about the Nebraska job, that would be notable.

Strongarm517

Defensive Lineman
I mean if anyone who isn't good friends with a coach's spouse is asking about prospective employment opportunities, they're not going to get a serious response. She may like it in Ames and great for them if they're happy there. Hell I would be if I were them.
Would agree it’s coach wife speak if he had ever shown up as a finalist in the last 6 yrs

Strongarm517

Defensive Lineman
What if he gets his salary doubled though? I don't know what he makes, but usually money talks.
That’s exactly the point. I read a very sincere sounding interview with them. They love it there, have enough money and I quote, “why would we want the pressure?”
Shoot me if I’m wrong.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds