Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Matt Rhule reportedly declines Nebraska job (1 Viewer)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
More broadly: why are people with no actual inside info allowed to start threads in tPB Underground? Starting threads there should probably be something that only mods & admins have permission for.
I agree 100% but not until they fix the site access issues. Having to switch to a new VPN server every 60 seconds in order to use this site is infuriating and I'm so wrapped up in this stupid coaching search I put up with it.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but that sounds a lot like Rhule is getting the word out that he's willing to sit out a year to get leverage on Carolina
What leverage? He's getting paid $8.875 million/yr with Carolina. If rumors of Lane getting around $10 or more are true then don't you think Rhule would command at least $8.875 Million or more? We should be paying Top 10 money for a coach as we want to compete and have deep pockets. Plus we have some boosters who have supposedly want us to aim high.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
What leverage? He's getting paid $8.875 million/yr with Carolina. If rumors of Lane getting around $10 or more are true then don't you think Rhule would command at least $8.875 Million or more? We should be paying Top 10 money for a coach as we want to compete and have deep pockets. Plus we have some boosters who have supposedly want us to aim high.
the leverage of sitting out a year and making them pay the full amount. the more likely they think that is the better the odds of negotiating a lump sum payout

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I disagree I actually have some close ties to outkick and they are solid. FWIW one of their shows had Coke Cubelic of the SEC network on yesterday and he was hinting that it may be Fickle to Nebraska. Again, TIFWIW
Lmao

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I trust a few of our Insiders on this board than anyone in the Media. Only reason media will learn anything is if Turd wants to put out some smoke. Some of our connections to top level boosters, legal team and administration should know more than a writer in New York. Only way I see them having more inside info is if they are working the agents angle and have a connection that is leaking info. And we have some connections to that world also which haven't given us anything solid yet.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Either David Tepper ( Panthers owner ), who we know is an ego maniac with "fuck you" money, is playing hardball with Turd and wants the full 10m / year as a contract for Rhule, or it's all a smokescreen and we really have him locked up .. I'm not sure who to believe at this point.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
bs2.gif
Man I love that movie

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
I agree, I think he locked up Fickle a long time ago.
It would be interesting, if this is true, to know what role Urban may or may not have played as an intermediary. If his being involved in the search and around Turd in the time since had anything to do with next steps moving forward, setting things up. Regardless of who is hired I am curious about what has been going on but that would be really interesting.

NoHoHank

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
It would be interesting, if this is true, to know what role Urban may or may not have played as an intermediary. If his being involved in the search and around Turd in the time since had anything to do with next steps moving forward, setting things up. Regardless of who is hired I am curious about what has been going on but that would be really interesting.
I have no trust in Urban as an intermediary/consultant for Turd after the role he played with Addazio at Colorado State - that one didn't work out to well for the Rams

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I can get all the cloak & daggers with Rhule & negotiations but let’s say it’s urban, why use Rhule as a smokescreen? Even with fickle, what’s the incentive to keep it in the dark? Is it to avoid a bidding war

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Either David Tepper ( Panthers owner ), who we know is an ego maniac with "fuck you" money, is playing hardball with Turd and wants the full 10m / year as a contract for Rhule, or it's all a smokescreen and we really have him locked up .. I'm not sure who to believe at this point.

I might be wrong, but I’m just missing how Carolina would have that much control over what Rhule’s next employer pays him. They can dispute it not being “fair market value,” but I’m missing how that challenge would kill this entire deal. Maybe a snag, sure. But the idea that Carolina basically stopped us from getting our top candidate is something I don’t believe to be true. I think there’s another explanation.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I might be wrong, but I’m just missing how Carolina would have that much control over what Rhule’s next employer pays him. They can dispute it not being “fair market value,” but I’m missing how that challenge would kill this entire deal. Maybe a snag, sure. But the idea that Carolina basically stopped us from getting our top candidate is something I don’t believe to be true. I think there’s another explanation.

Yeah, I'm not sure how Rhule's contract was worded with Carolina as well. I'd think a dispute like fair market value could be settled in court, but going through the litigation process would take much longer than the necessity of Nebraska needing a coach very soon ..

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yeah, I'm not sure how Rhule's contract was worded with Carolina as well. I'd think a dispute like fair market value could be settled in court, but going through the litigation process would take much longer than the necessity of Nebraska needing a coach very soon ..

That’s the thing… you’d think litigation would happen AFTER we employed him and not before. The point of contention isn’t his employment, it’s the rate of pay.

Unless I got a hard stop from counsel, I’d proceed and let those claims be settled in court later. Carolina can’t stop him from working.

If he’s your top guy, go get this deal closed.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
That’s the thing… you’d think litigation would happen AFTER we employed him and not before. The point of contention isn’t his employment, it’s the rate of pay.

Unless I got a hard stop from counsel, I’d proceed and let those claims be settled in court later. Carolina can’t stop him from working.

If he’s your top guy, go get this deal closed.

Go advise Turd this, and lets get this fucking deal done ! LOL

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds