Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting Thread (21 Viewers)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gotta see how he plays varsity football first but looks like the kid can slang it
Yeah if he locks down the starting gig at Buford he's gonna be an easy take.

The hype for him is going to be insane. People saying he may be better than big brother after Dylan wins 3 straight Heismans and Nattys. Better hope the kid is as grounded as Dylan.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Looks like Barthel is keeping an eye on this guy no offers yet.

He got offered.

Is he a legacy? Mom tweeted that he’s wanted the Nebraska offer since he was 3. Maybe we're his first D1 offer?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
And this video was before his recent growth spurt. Here is a recent picture of him with Tua from a few weeks ago. Kid is really starting to look like an athlete now too!

Tua is listed at 6'1, so Dayton is getting there and he's only 15-16 years old so he could easily be as tall as Dylan.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah if he locks down the starting gig at Buford he's gonna be an easy take.

The hype for him is going to be insane. People saying he may be better than big brother after Dylan wins 3 straight Heismans and Nattys. Better hope the kid is as grounded as Dylan.
I'll believe all that when he commutes to Nebraska.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I think they will take him regardless, but as of right now I don't think he's at the top of the board.
They have already offered nine other '26 QBs and eight of them are higher rated right now including the one they offered yesterday.
I'll bet those other eight guys have played varsity football before. Dayton hasn't because, IIRC, he had a 5-star QB in front of him last year. So the fact that Dayton is rated at all as a JV QB is kind of amazing.

If Dayton is the man at Buford the next two years, the fact that these other QB's started a year or two earlier at their poverty programs won't matter.

That said, I wish I could find someone saying Dayton is the hands-down favorite to win the job at Buford. Every time I see it asked, the reply is a shrug. But it's probably not that surprising that few are familiar with the depth chart at a Georgia high school.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'll bet those other eight guys have played varsity football before. Dayton hasn't because, IIRC, he had a 5-star QB in front of him last year. So the fact that Dayton is rated at all as a JV QB is kind of amazing.

If Dayton is the man at Buford the next two years, the fact that these other QB's started a year or two earlier at their poverty programs won't matter.

That said, I wish I could find someone saying Dayton is the hands-down favorite to win the job at Buford. Every time I see it asked, the reply is a shrug. But it's probably not that surprising that few are familiar with the depth chart at a Georgia high school.
That's why tried to preface everything with "right now". Now that he's out of his brother's shadow we'll see what he can really do.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Getting some Kari Russell vibes. But I would need a better, more close up picture to confirm.
I see it, too, now that you've pointed it out. BUT ... look at the size of those mitts on her. Grandma always said to marry a gal with small hands so it would make the peen seem bigger when she was holding it.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
So what’s the story on this kid? Is he, like, any good?

Edit: not sure why the tweet won’t link. It’s coaches visiting Husker commit Caden VerMass

Last edited:

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He got offered.

Is he a legacy? Mom tweeted that he’s wanted the Nebraska offer since he was 3. Maybe we're his first D1 offer?

Ok, looks like they just offered -

I interpreted that he dreamt of playing college football since he was 3. Not so much a Nebraska thing but just getting a p4 offer

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds