Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (25 Viewers)

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Wth does “vertically integrated” mean when translated to English?

Vertical Integration is the term for corporations buying/owning their suppliers so they own all of the stages of production. Are you asking for real or joking?

It seems like there might be a battle ensuing about vertical integration in the "meat" and dairy industries. While I'm "sure" that Cargill and Land 'o Lakes are in the fight to protect their growers, I kinda think it's more about consolidating the market.

All that said, it wouldn't be dumb to invest in Cargill or Land'oLakes right now if you want to enrich your portfolio. Carnegie got to name a few thousand libraries after himself, after all.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Vertical Integration is the term for corporations buying/owning their suppliers so they own all of the stages of production. Are you asking for real or joking?

It seems like there might be a battle ensuing about vertical integration in the "meat" and dairy industries. While I'm "sure" that Cargill and Land 'o Lakes are in the fight to protect their growers, I kinda think it's more about consolidating the market.

All that said, it wouldn't be dumb to invest in Cargill or Land'oLakes right now if you want to enrich your portfolio. Carnegie got to name a few thousand libraries after himself, after all.
Two private companies 😕

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Last night at dinner my two year old was eating some pasta and randomly said “My Little Pony” twice. I know for a fact he’s never seen or heard of that at home, and they don’t watch anything at his Montessori daycare so I’m not really sure where he got it. Cracked me up though.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Last night at dinner my two year old was eating some pasta and randomly said “My Little Pony” twice. I know for a fact he’s never seen or heard of that at home, and they don’t watch anything at his Montessori daycare so I’m not really sure where he got it. Cracked me up though.
Has he been texting with Big Tone by chance?
🤔

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

If I was just screwing around you would have known it. I was asking for real. And thank you for the simple explanation. The word “monopoly” comes to mind, although I know that doesn’t fit exactly.

Thanks!

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Went to a wedding in and reception in Swimtown over the weekend and Jim Cabela was in attendance.

My girlfriends stepbrothers wedding (technically, her dad and his mom aren't legally married but been together 19 years) so her stepmothers ex husband's twin sister married Jim Cabela I guess not even 10 years ago maybe it's only been 5.

Stayed at the same hotel and this morning he was eating breakfast the same time as we were. If I hadn't met him the night before I wouldn't be able to pick him out of your typical co-op morning coffee group .

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Went to a wedding in and reception in Swimtown over the weekend and Jim Cabela was in attendance.

My girlfriends stepbrothers wedding (technically, her dad and his mom aren't legally married but been together 19 years) so her stepmothers ex husband's twin sister married Jim Cabela I guess not even 10 years ago maybe it's only been 5.

Stayed at the same hotel and this morning he was eating breakfast the same time as we were. If I hadn't met him the night before I wouldn't be able to pick him out of your typical co-op morning coffee group .
We had Henry Davis at our wedding because my wife’s mom works directly for him at Greater Omaha Packing. He was easy to pick out though because his girlfriend has enormous fake boobs and likes to have them on display.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
We had Henry Davis at our wedding because my wife’s mom works directly for him at Greater Omaha Packing. He was easy to pick out though because his girlfriend has enormous fake boobs and likes to have them on display.
big-daddy-old-man.gif

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member

so basically, now you run Cabelas

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Exciting day in the extended LHR household today: my son is running in his 1st Boston Marathon. He qualified last year in Eugene, OR, and is joining a high-school buddy (who is currently serving our great nation in the Air Force Special Forces) in the race today. Neither are attempting to blow out a personal best time, but they're (idjuts) who just want to casually run 26.2 miles ... just for fun.

That's not really MY idea of fun, but I'm proud of the lad(s) for setting a goal and achieving it.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Exciting day in the extended LHR household today: my son is running in his 1st Boston Marathon. He qualified last year in Eugene, OR, and is joining a high-school buddy (who is currently serving our great nation in the Air Force Special Forces) in the race today. Neither are attempting to blow out a personal best time, but they're (idjuts) who just want to casually run 26.2 miles ... just for fun.

That's not really MY idea of fun, but I'm proud of the lad(s) for setting a goal and achieving it.
One of my best friends lives in Florida and ran a marathon in Eugene last year. Wonder if it was the same race.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

• Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds